Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krystle1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 295
Message 1 of 2

No incoming calls ,no notifications or quick down menu

Hi there I have a 2 Sign In MOTO X™ motog2nd Gen All Topics Previous Next Reply Topic options Aqib_majgaonkar Paper Tape Aqib_majgaonkar Message 1 of 6 No incoming calls, Home button, notifications, lock screen not working ‎06-21-2016 11:47 AM I have a moto x (2nd gen).. (running Android 6.0).......It was working perfectly fine... until now.. It suddenly rebooted (automatically).. I'm now facing the following issues: 1. Home button doesn't work within an app, but does work in APPLICATION SWITCHER (Only) 2. Notification curtain pulls down with "No Notifications", even when I should have some. Can't pull down again to access quick settings, or tap on user icon to swtich 3. No PC sharing....since i cannot select "File Sharing" , because there is no notification dropdown 4. Screen lock doesn't work... Whenever i wake the phone it bypasses the lock screen.... Even though i have setup "Pattern Unlock" 5. Camera twist-gesture not working. Flashlight chopping gesture not working. 6. "Reset phone" option is greyed out. 7. NO INCOMING CALLS! Same set of problems have been faced by other users in the following two threads: MOTO G (3rd) user: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-G-3rd-Gen/Home-button-notifications-and-lock-screen-not-work/td-p/... MOTO G TURBO user: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-G-3rd-Gen/Moto-G-Turbo-home-and-right-button-not-working-no-quick-... I have tried clearing the cached data...but that didn't work😑 PLEASE HELP!!! Screenshot_20160622-001014.png ‏95 KB 1 people also had this question I have this question too 0 Kudos Reply AlphaDog Moto Sr Moderator Moto Sr Moderator AlphaDog Message 2 of 6 Re: No incoming calls, Home button, notifications, lock screen not working ‎06-21-2016 12:51 PM Have you tried rebooting into safe mode? You could do an external reset from recovery menu if nothing else works * Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum 0 Kudos Reply AlphaDog Moto Sr Moderator Moto Sr Moderator AlphaDog Message 3 of 6 Re: No incoming calls, Home button, notifications, lock screen not working ‎06-21-2016 12:52 PM maybe related to other users on device - can you delete other users? * Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum 0 Kudos Reply Aqib_majgaonkar Paper Tape Aqib_majgaonkar Message 4 of 6 Re: No incoming calls, Home button, notifications, lock screen not working ‎06-22-2016 12:07 AM I'm the only user on this device! How can i reboot into"Safe Mode"? (I think resetting from recovery mode should work... But i want to try any other fix that could work before doing a factory reset) Screenshot_20160622-123557.png ‏52 KB 0 Kudos Reply AlphaDog Moto Sr Moderator Moto Sr Moderator AlphaDog Message 5 of 6 Re: No incoming calls, Home button, notifications, lock screen not working ‎06-22-2016 04:14 AM To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode. * Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum 0 Kudos Reply erny1803 What's DOS? erny1803 Message 6 of 6 Re: No incoming calls, Home button, notifications, lock screen not working ‎09-18-2016 11:43 PM I had exactly the same issue, the mobile phone restarted itself continuosly. How I fixed it: I started in Safe Mode: When switching off, hold Power down on screen menu, and do start in safe mode. In safe mode, it didn't restart, remove google account. Restart in normal mode, the phone didn't reboot automatically any more. Add the account again. Now download and install Nova Launcher. Create on home screen Nova Launcher Activiti widget and select "Setup Wizard" (Asistente de Configuración in spanish) and .SetupWizardTestActivity. After it has been created, just run the setup wizard from the icon. I had to add a another account, the other was already half configures. After the wizard was complete, I deleted the second account. The phone was recovering data from backups. 0 Kudos Reply Recommendations Home and Back Button Stopped working Delray ‎11-29-2014 04:17 PM missed call and message notification Bill1962 ‎11-08-2014 07:11 PM Incoming Phone calls don't display while locked felizcortez ‎03-26-2015 09:22 AM Bluetooth use for calls in car Tom1166 ‎03-09-2018 12:54 PM Incoming Phone Calls RobertoTaylor ‎12-17-2014 11:53 AM Community Guidelines Please review our Guidelines before posting. Forum Home Moto C Phones Moto E Phones Moto G Phones Moto M Phones Moto X Phones Moto Z Phones - Mod Capable Droid Phones Moto Phones Wearables and Accessories Manager's Office Unlockable Phones Older Devices Archive Top Kudoed Posts Re: Bluetooth use for calls in car 1 Re: Minimum Screen Brightness Far too Bright on 5.1 1 Minimum Screen Brightness Far too Bright on 5.1 1 View All Top tags MOTO X2Batterymoto Xxt1096 annoying sound bootloaderchange WiFi passwordsfedexheadphone port output j…helpHow it is checked wheth…I have also these probl…JiomemoryMeu Cell ta presidindo …moto x 2nd genMoto z playmotox-2ndgenmotox2NFCNFC problems passwordsPlease help me unlock b…please help my motorola…Power power issuesproblemprocess soundsRAMRandom restart View All Powered by Lithium Motorola Get Help About Motorola © 2018 Motorola Mobility LLC. All Rights Reserved MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC Android, Google, Google Play, Nexus and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.nd generation moto g
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 262
Message 2 of 2

Re: No incoming calls ,no notifications or quick down menu

Hello Krystle1,

Sorry about the issue, your posts look confusing and more like copied and pasted-- it's a bit hard to identify things. However, as far as I understand you have the issue with 'incoming calls and notification bar along with pc sharing'. As you have tried the clear cache, the next step would be to quickly test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Let us know if that makes any difference?

If not, the next option would be to perform factory data reset without restoring any apps on your device and observe. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support