Did you mean: 
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 6,170
Message 31 of 58

Re: Outgoing calls displayed as Private Number

Adington said:

@ Mark (Forums Manager)

Why do you keep asking which operator people are on? Who cares what the operator sends to the phone if I know which number I have dialed and I need this exact number in my Call log. Nobody cares to which number they are connected, I care which number I have dialed, because this is my Call Hystory. I don't know how many times I need to say the same thing to get understood. There is no telecommunications protocol that has to do anything with my Call Log.

Isn't it common sense to have my own call history in my own call log? My own call history says I have dialed a specific number and I don't see this number in my call log.

What is the purpose of Call Log in the first place?

Please forward this to your designer department or marketing or whoever makes this decision, so they can think about the purpose of Call Log.

Please comment and give your personal opinion. Thank you!

View original

Call log is there so you can see missed calls, incoming calls, outgoing calls, frequency of calls to a given number, duration of call and time of call.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Not applicable
Message 32 of 58

Exactly. And what information must be there for the Outgoing calls:

1. Dialed (Called) number? - YES, Always.

2. Connected number? - Maybe, why not, since they are not always the same with Called number. I personally don't need this number in my call log.

3. Time? - YES, Always.

4. Duration? - YES, Always.

Please give your answers to these 4 questions.

Also do you understand the difference between Called number and Connected number? And does Motorola?

Not applicable
Message 33 of 58

With risk of categorizing it as spam I am sharing the latest official answer from Motorola here too:

Response Via Email (Catherine) 28/04/2015 03.34 PM
Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Customer Reference number: 150407-030455

Dear Vladimir,

Thank you for contacting Motorola.

I have now heard back regarding the call log issues. Our technicians tested this on several of our office devices which are running lollipop and only the dialled number would appear in the call log and not the connected number.

We have communicated this extra information to our engineers who are working on the issue. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Hopefully it may help bring about a faster resolution.

At the moment I am afraid that all we can do is wait for the engineers to do their work and wait for a fix to be deployed. WE also have to take into account the possibility that this design with the call logs was intended as a design feature which cannot be changed. In such a case, designers might not be allowed to share any explanation with us for marketing reasons. We are looking into this as a possibility as well.

Hopefully we can find a resolution though. Please accept my apologies for the continued inconvenience.

For any further assistance or information please do not hesitate to contact us again, quoting your Customer Reference number.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Kind regards,

Catherine

Motorola Mobility UK Ltd.

www.motorola.com

Response Via Email (Catherine) 28/04/2015 08.55 AM
Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Customer Reference number: 150407-030455

Dear Vladimir,

Thank you for contacting Motorola.

Thank you very much for your update and for your in-depth explanation.

I will pass the details back over to the technical team for you. I will be back in touch as soon as I have any news for you.

For any further assistance or information please do not hesitate to contact us again, quoting your Customer Reference number.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Kind regards,

Catherine

Motorola Mobility UK Ltd.

www.motorola.com
Hilo_rus
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 58

Any news? This bug affected me too in Russia, with Beeline carrier.

Highlighted
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 35 of 58

Android L release included a bug fix in the dialer to acknowledge that the network requests the number be hidden. If you encounter an issue where numbers dialed are shown as Unknown or Private then we recommend you contact your service provider to report the problem, requesting them to disable any called number presentation restriction settings.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Not applicable
Message 36 of 58

Hahahahaha ROL
Seriously?
Motorola sucks forever now!
I thought that after being chinese they will pay more attention to customer feedback and consider for real, bu I guess it is still american in some big way.
Will never buy Motorola again.
Thank you for making this decision for me.
ivan_spiridonov
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 58

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

Android L release included a bug fix in the dialer to acknowledge that the network requests the number be hidden. If you encounter an issue where numbers dialed are shown as Unknown or Private then we recommend you contact your service provider to report the problem, requesting them to disable any called number presentation restriction settings.

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

This is absolutely not working answer. After "Call barring disabled" issued from service provider VIVACOM Bulgaria not working, I still have private number in my recent calls.

mike77n
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 58

same problem with Russian provider Beeline :-(

Not applicable
Message 39 of 58

Motorola forum is useless.
Tomas8
What's DOS?
Message 40 of 58

Same issue with my dual SIM Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen, provider Eurocom (Labas kontraktas) in Lithuania.

by the way, the phone became annoyingly slow after Lollipop update.

Looks like a good reason to get a better phone, not Motorola.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More