Highlighted
Atomstation
What's DOS?
Views: 1,255
Message 41 of 58

Re: Outgoing calls displayed as Private Number

Adington said:

@ Mark (Forums Manager)

Why do you keep asking which operator people are on? Who cares what the operator sends to the phone if I know which number I have dialed and I need this exact number in my Call log. Nobody cares to which number they are connected, I care which number I have dialed, because this is my Call Hystory. I don't know how many times I need to say the same thing to get understood. There is no telecommunications protocol that has to do anything with my Call Log.

Isn't it common sense to have my own call history in my own call log? My own call history says I have dialed a specific number and I don't see this number in my call log.

What is the purpose of Call Log in the first place?

Please forward this to your designer department or marketing or whoever makes this decision, so they can think about the purpose of Call Log.

Please comment and give your personal opinion. Thank you!

View original

I have the same problem on my Moto X (2013) with BEELINE carrier in Russia. and I totally agree with you. I do not care about technologies or caller id standards issues, I just want to see the number I EXACTLY called! thats it. very easy. Sony Z3 do not have this problem with the same sim card, other phones do not have it, motorola phones have. I do not see any reasons for motorola developers to made a patch to fix it.  Since I owned Moto RAZRi, motorola forum became useless. motorola support too. sad to see that....

Atomstation
What's DOS?
Message 42 of 58

Adington said:

Hahahahaha ROL Seriously? Motorola sucks forever now! I thought that after being chinese they will pay more attention to customer feedback and consider for real, bu I guess it is still american in some big way. Will never buy Motorola again. Thank you for making this decision for me.View original

I found one good thing in this issue: nobody  can see who you have called to Smiley Happy including your wife )))

but in any case, this forum became useless. the girl from support team advised me to go to Germany (where I bought phone), and to replace my phone to the new one at the service provider!  Smiley Happy))

IvarioLV
Fanfold Paper
Message 43 of 58

(repost from https://forums.motorola.com/comment/988735)

I've also encountered this problem on my XT1068 UK Retail version on BITE Latvia.

Apparently this affects calls to people outside of my network. Will try to get in touch with the carrier to get some info on Call ID restrictions.

EDIT: Asked the people at a BITE store, they said that all Call ID options seem to be enabled, they suggested a factory reset. Will try to test this with antoher carrier's SIM, may write to their support HQ.

Former Moto G2 2014 user (2015-2018), now using Samsung
mikemowgli
What's DOS?
Message 44 of 58

I am affected by this issue.

This issue is not solved.

This forum is the place where customers can report their issues and where Motorola should pay attention to serve them.

Please, Motorola, commit to dedicate an knowledgeable engineer to take care of this very annoying issue.

There is no reason to close this topic as long as the issue isn't solved. Since other phones from other brands are not affected (to my knowledge), this is clearly an issue, and not an implementation choice.

Call log should display the recently dialed numbers. Period.

Please do your job.

hir
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 58

The ISSUE is solved. Vivacom (BG) month ago they fixed the problem after six months of carelessness. Thank you. 

Not applicable
Message 46 of 58

hir said:

The ISSUE is solved. Vivacom (BG) month ago they fixed the problem after six months of carelessness. Thank you. 

View original

Vivacom made workaround for Stupid mOTOROLA  problem, because mOTOROLA don't care!

<PROFANITY REMOVED - AlphaDog>

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 47 of 58

Adington said:

hir said:

View original

Vivacom made workaround for Stupid mOTOROLA  problem, because mOTOROLA don't care!

<PROFANITY REMOVED - AlphaDog>

View original

Please keep your profanities to your self. 

Like it or not, this is a carrier issue, and many of the carriers fixed their problem. If yours has not then you should contact them and ask them to do so.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
IvarioLV
Fanfold Paper
Message 48 of 58

Wrote to the folks in BITE Latvia, the problem was fixed. Asked them for details, will post results here if received.

Former Moto G2 2014 user (2015-2018), now using Samsung
msdad
Paper Tape
Views: 1,139
Message 49 of 58

No dice. My phone is brand new (less than a week). Our carrier has set the number to show my name and number (and ringtone in the case of calling my husband). I receive calls normally and the caller ID displays normally. It's only when I call others. What settings on this phone do I need to change? It's a Moto X Pure Edition.

msdad
Paper Tape
Views: 1,139
Message 50 of 58

This is NOT solved. My Moto X Pure Edition is less than a week old. My carrier has modified the settings for my phone to not show as Private Number. It doesn't matter who I call, it still shows as Private. There is an issue somehow with the phone. I need to know what settings need to be changed so that my calls show as coming from me (especially with family, friends and my husband, who has a ringtone set for when I call. 

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More