Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hir
What's DOS?
Views: 27,678
Message 1 of 58

Outgoing calls displayed as Private Number

After Lollipop update outgoing calls displayed as "Private Number" in Speed Dial list

Moto G 2014

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 58

Re: Outgoing calls displayed as Private Number

A few things to check:

Go into call settings (from dialer) -> additional settings -> caller id - make sure this is not set to hide

Also, in some countries you can add a dialing prefix to hide caller id - have you entered any codes on your dialer lately?

If none of those work, then something on your carrier side. They may have to change a setting. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
hir
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 58

My number is displayed on other side, but when i close, number in my speed dial list is "Private number". Only if other side not answered - the number is diplayed correctly in speed dial list with picture and number.

Joju
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 58

I too face the same problem. My outgoing calls which were got connected are shown as private numbers in my call history. Please help me to get rid of this issue. This problem started after updating to lollipop.

Anyone from Motorola can help me?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 58

I have seen a few reports - very few. Trying to collect some data. Is there any pattern in the numbers that show is private? Do they always show as private in history, or sometimes private, sometimes correct? Do they have any special characters or format to the dialing sequence? 

If this is happening on the phone, then there should be a pattern. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 58

Has anyone tried a reset after seeing this issue? I would be curious to know if it continues. Searching online i see one report of this in 2013 on a GS3, but nothing else. 

Since it is not widespread, I still suspect carrier or upgrade related. 

I think a reset of a phone is the next logical step to see if the problem persists. 

hir
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 58

AlhaDog - "Has anyone tried a reset after seeing this issue? I would be curious to know if it continues. Searching online i see one report of this in 2013 on a GS3, but nothing else. "

I tried hard reset 2 times, and swipe cash, but no change.

I have problem only with Vivacom (Bulgaria, BG) operator. With Telenor BG the numbers displayed correctly, Only dialed numbers with Vivacom sim card is displayed "Private number", but some times displayed with name and number. My friend on Mtel (BG) operator, does not have this problem. 

Joju
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 58

Dear All,

When i used another sim card to make outgoing calls, the call log shows exactly the number. But again i re inserted my original sim the problem again shows. So the problem is with the sim card or the operator. 

LvP
802.11n
Message 9 of 58

If you have cutted sims then try using actual microsims. Many people using Vivacom Bulgaria have this problem.
LvP
802.11n
Message 10 of 58

I'd suggest first use actual micro sim then if it doesn't resolve only then reset your phone. Because as in the below mentioned thread, there is no change even after reset.

I was speaking about this thread.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More