Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janners1968
What's DOS?
Views: 1,256
Message 41 of 48

Re: Problem using SD card

Hi,

I have also had this problem and emailed support. Will see what happens...smiley

Dai_L
What's DOS?
Message 42 of 48

I have had this problem with my Moto G 1st Gen 4G.  I installed a 32GB SanDisk Class 10 SDHC card when I purchased the phone in February 2015 and experienced no problems.  However during August 2015 I started getting messages saying that there was insufficient memory to update certain apps.  I was a bit surprised didn't investigate much at the time as I was abroad on holiday, but when I returned home and the problem recurred I found that the phone was not detecting the card, but there was evidence that it had previously detected the card.  I do not recall any warning messages relating to dismounting or non-detection of the card.  So yesterday I powered down the phone, removed the card, cleaned the card contacts, reinserted the card and then powered up the phone several times without success. I mounted the card on my Windows PC and the card appeared to be working fine - I could see the folder structure and the photos and other documents stored there so I was reasonably confident that the card was functional.  However, restoring it to the phone still did not work.  Finally, I mounted it on the PC again, backed up the files I wanted, and reformatted it (FAT32) and re-installed in the phone.  Bingo!  All OK.  I can only assume that some Android-critical area of the card had been corrupted and that caused the problem.  So far so good... I hope that this is helpful

LS7
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 48

My SD card (SanDisk Ultra 32GB UHS-I/Class 10 Micro SDHC ) has worked for about 11 months Now I am receiving an  message that the card has been dismounted and is not available. If I power the phone off, then on, the card is available again. But with 1-2 hours I receive the same message again, and the card is not available. 

My phone is Moto G EXT 2nd Gen.  

Any suggestions? 

Vimleshadr
Paper Tape
Message 44 of 48

Try other the card and see if problem persist,if not then backup data of card and then format it
Diomedes
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 48

I have a Moto G 2nd generation and my SD card is continously being rejected by the phone, it's becoming more and more upsetting.

Is there any official solution for this annoying issue?

alcatraz0007
What's DOS?
Message 46 of 48

Can you be more specific like how it is rejecting youe sd card and if it is
showing the your SD card is damaged but you cand read the SD card in
another device then the SD card slot is damaged then try using your SD card
in a other device it reads then the SD card slot is damaged try returning
it or go to moto care they will tell you what to do and if it reads another
SD card doesn't reads a specific SD card then prob is with card
TheGardenerWife
What's DOS?
Views: 686
Message 47 of 48

What were the results of your investigation? I am having this same problem now, 2-1/2 yrs. after this conversation, (with a different SD card, so the problem is clearly with the phone). I have been using a new SD card for several weeks. Yesterday, it started saying that the card has been removed and needs to be reinserted. I have turned the phone off and moved the card out and back in several times. The phone began reading the card briefly a couple of those times, and that is all. Now I cannot access the apps and photos that are on my SD card (Sandisk Ultra16GB Class 10 Ultra PLUS SD SDHC Flash Memory Card 48 MB/S).
DreaLizzy
What's DOS?
Views: 403
Message 48 of 48

I am having the exact same problem!!

I have a Motorola Moto E 2nd Generation with Android Version 6.0

I have tried four different SD Cards and none of them worked. I never got a notification saying the card is being removed or that it doesn't work. It's like the card slot is broken (but I know it's not), and none of the cards are being read. 

The cards I tried are:

-Blackweb 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10

-Hikvision 16GB MicroSDHC Class 10

-No Name 2GB MicroSD 

-No Name 1GB MicroSD 

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHY MY PHONE DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY OF MY MEMORY CARDS????!!! I NEED THE EXTRA SPACE ON MY PHONE DESPERATELY!!!!!