10-07-2014 01:18 PM
I have not tried any other SD card because I only have that one which didn't work. Thanks.
Edit: I have tried a friend's Sandisk 8GB microSDHC I and that does not work either. I don't even get the notification "SD card removed. Please insert a new one." like with my own sd card.
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. We have tested with the card you mentioned and haven't been able to recreate the issue. We want to make sure we're testing the the exact same SD Card. Can you please take pictures of the front and back of your SD Card? Please email it to Supportforums@motorola.com with the subject "Moto G 2nd Gen SD Card Problem_Picture". Please also include your Display Name in your email and this thread https://forums.motorola.com/posts/42394635fa.
10-21-2014 04:27 AM
I have a class 4 16GB sd card with all my stuff saved on it, which my moto g will not read...nor will it read a brand new class 10 card. the phone already has Android 4.4.4 and says there are no updates. should I return this phone and hope another one works or this is likely to be the case for all phones until further updates are available? Don't really want to spend more hours waiting for files to copy across, when so far each time they still haven't been recognised by this device (but are by other card readers)
10-22-2014 07:29 AM
Is anyone willing to send us their non-working card (and possibly phone) its current state? We'd swap out the card (and phone if requested) with a working card. For speed purposes. We prefer people in the U.S.
10-22-2014 07:50 AM
10-22-2014 05:01 PM
Im having the same problem! exactly the same! kingston 8gb Micro SD HC class 10! the sd works perfect on others phones & computers, but this phone doesnt even recognise it! please HELP! i need mor space on my phone and im from Argentina!
10-23-2014 04:24 AM
We're investigating this. Can you please do the following
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number and tap 7-10 times to start Developer Mode
- Go back to Settings and look for Developer Options. and enable USB Debugging.
- Select option for Power menu bug reports
- When notifications stop press power button down and then select Bug Report and then select Report.
- When capture is complete there will be a 4 parallel line icon in notifications bar and phone will vibrate to conclude capture.
- Accept Privacy Screen
- Then Select Email account you use on forums to send email to us.
- Send email with subject "Moto G 2nd Gen SD Card Problem" to Supportforums@motorola.com with attached logs.
- If you prefer you can upload the file to Google Drive and then share the file with supportforums@Motorola.com. Ensure that you add a message to the File share screen that indicates your Forum Display Name and also contains "Moto G 2nd Gen SD Card Problem"
- In the email please include the following details.
- The exact time you saw the issue.
- Specific filenames that you attempted to access.
- What limitations you had (SD card didn’t show, couldn’t open/access file, etc).
- We don't recommend you upload the file to the forum but you can indicate your bug report specific file on the forum after it has been emailed to us. (example bugreport-2014-10-01-12-42-24.txt)
Do's and Don'ts
- Do send us your bug report if you are encountering this issue and you're a member of the forum. If you send a bug report but you're just a lurker, we won't look at the bug reports.
- Do Subscribe to this thread if you've sent us an email with a bug report in case we need to reply to you.
- Do put the appropriate subject line "Moto G 2nd Gen SD Card Problem ". This helps us route your bug reports to our engineers sooner than later.
- Reference your Display Name in your email and this thread https://forums.motorola.com/posts/42394635fa if you have it handy.
- Take a bug report right after it happens and indicate the time so we can quickly look through the report for relevant data. Some of the files are huge.
- Submit a bug report for another issue from another thread. If we need logs then we'll ask for them in the respective thread.
- If we have enough bug reports to evaluate and have stopped requesting them. Don't send more.
- Follow the steps above.
- Don't send emails asking for a status update. We'll post in this thread if we have any news or any additional questions to ask.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Ive sent a bug report quoting that tho the SD card will accept files dropped into it, I'm unable to set up folders to house those files
10-24-2014 01:41 PM
I have faced this problem with two of my microSD cards as well. A SanDisk 4 GB and a SanDisk 1 GB, respectively. Both are FAT32 format. For the 4 GB card, it would get read but then within seconds, I would receive a notification saying, 'SD card unmounted unexpectedly'. This happened every single time. However I went on to format the 4 GB card and transferred back all files to it and upon insertion, now it is being recognised and working.
As to the 1 GB card, it was not read at all and still does not show up when inserted. I am sending the bug report for this one.
11-14-2014 08:53 AM
Is there an update on this issue?
I just sent back a Moto G to my supplier as it did not want to accept any of my Micro SD cards.
And I have used all in my possesion
Sandisk 2GB Ultra II
Sandisk 8GB Class 4
Samsung 32GB Class 10
Transcend 32GB UHS-1
One time the last card gave the message there is a blank SD card, that was it never saw the message again.
I would really like to use the phone (i will receive a new one) But without being able to use the SD slot the phone is useless to me. Or will Lollipop solve the issue ?