Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anshumand
What's DOS?
Views: 525
Message 1 of 4

Screen Touch Accuracy while Scrolling

While scrolling, many times the screen thinks I am taping and instead of scrolling, it just opens the link/app. Sometimes while tapping, the screen doesn't register the touch and I need to tap multiple times. But these are quite random. Is it a hardware issue? Should I look for RMA of this phone? 

Mark's questions - Are you plugged in or are there lots of apps running in the background?

Do you have a screen protector on the phone?

Answers - I am not plugged in. There are quite a number of apps running in the background. But still as per the default setting, there is still 300 MB RAM left.

I was using the stock screen protector. I have removed it now and testing. I see some improvement in touch accuracy during scrolling. The above problem frequency has reduced, but it's still there. 

groblevi
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: Screen Touch Accuracy while Scrolling

I have almost the same problem, while I'm tapping it seems that the screen is not well calibrated... when I press a letter always appears the letter inmediately situated down... I mean if I press Q appears A...

Does anyone recommend an app to calibrate the screen?

As Anshumand said I was also using the stock screen protector but I've removed it... but the problem is still there.

Thank you!

Anshumand
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

I am really not sure if there is any app to do screen touch calibration. Even if there there is one, it might need root access. Screen color calibration needs root access and supported kernel.

After I removed the screen guard, I see a lot of improvement in my experience. Only once I had the phone opening a link while I wanted to scroll  during last 24 hours. Keyboard taps for me recognize the correct letter I am tapping. 

Most of the people who I found to have the same touch issue on XDA have got a replacement and that has helped. For them, the issue didn't reduce even after removing screen guard. I don't want to replace now as the issue has reduced for me. 

groblevi
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for your answer!!

If I found an app that solves my problem or if I see the minimum improvement I will write here.