Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimbof
What's DOS?
Views: 166
Message 1 of 4

UK Availability - 5th Sept?

It has been widely reported on the tech sites that UK availability would begin with Amazon on 5th Sept, with shells available in October.  However, as of this morning 6th Spet the phone is not listed on Amazon (neither UK nor US).  Moto UK site says register for updates, whereas the US site offers online purchase options.  So I guess the newswires have got the wrong end of the stick?

Any idea when it will really be available?

Also, are the UK phones going to be the dual SIM models - and any word on LTE support?

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 2 of 4

Re: UK Availability - 5th Sept?

It is shipping now in the US, but in Europe you can pre-order now and it will ship 9/15. It will be on amazon.com later this month but I'm not sure about exactly which regions.

No Dual SIM in the UK. I understand there's some incorrect advertising there by at least one retailer. No LTE version is planned, but the original Moto G 4G/LTE is still available.

Updated by Mark: Crossed out incorrect info.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
jimbof
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Hrmph, all a bit disappointing and conflicted.  At least one UK reseller says they have stock available for next day delivery (8GB dual SIM),  and Moto's own UK website makes quite a fuss over the intelligent dual SIM functionality Smiley Sad

http://www.motorola.co.uk/consumers/mobile-phones/Moto-G/motorola-g-gb.html

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 4

jimbof said:

Hrmph, all a bit disappointing and conflicted.  At least one UK reseller says they have stock available for next day delivery (8GB dual SIM),  and Moto's own UK website makes quite a fuss over the intelligent dual SIM functionality Smiley Sad

http://www.motorola.co.uk/consumers/mobile-phones/Moto-G/motorola-g-gb.html

View original

@Jimbof-

Sorry for the confusion. There is a DUAL SIM version but as Matt said, there is no LTE version. We're getting the site updated. Thanks for pointing it out.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee