Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fatfatfatman
What's DOS?
Views: 5,084
Message 1 of 13

Unable to clear Cached data in the Internal data

Hi Mark,

As mentioned in my previous comment about the notification problem, the cached data in the Internal storage is slowly building up from 2.44 to 2.51MB now. Still unable to clear it completely, have tried to clear it one by one with all apps but no response to the action, always show a cached data of 24.00 KB left behind on every each app. Any other way I could try other than doing a long process of factory reset?

motoG_-_Gaurav
802.11n
Message 2 of 13

Re: Unable to clear Cached data in the Internal data

You can refer to the following link for steps to clear cache partition.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/99808/p/30%2C6720%2C9151/reg/1229018

Best!

Gaurav 

fatfatfatman
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 13

Hi Gaurav,

Have performed the test as per your link but unfortunately there is no change to the cached data after that, can't clear it at all. Is there any other thing I could try? Many thanks for your time.

motoG_-_Gaurav
802.11n
Message 4 of 13

Hi,

The kind of statistics that you've mentioned (2.44 MB - 2.5 MB of cache) is infinitesimally small to degrade performance of your handset. You can also also try the following:-

Settings > Storage > Cached Storage {Tap this & a dialogue box will pop-up asking you to delete all cache}

FYI....Cache files store information related to app settings, log-in data etc that allows the application not to start from zero every time the user calls the app. Unless you face an issue with a particular app, should you perform clearing cache.

While this may have some unintended effects like making things take longer to load or forcing you to re-login to apps, it can help performance to do so once in a while.

Hope this helps!

Gaurav

PhoneDonkey
WWAN
Message 5 of 13

If you "clear cache" in an App you leave 24kb remaining in cache. If you then "clear data" in the same App both cache and data will reset to zero but as said above you will lose all logged data that may assist you each time you call the App.

I wouldn't worry about 24Kb as it's negligible when compared to the 8Gb on your phone or 32Gb on the SD card

fatfatfatman
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 13

Hi Gaurav & PhoneDonkey,

Many thanks for thet reply, I am fully understood the logic of it, the reason I brought up this subject is that I am having the same Delayed Notification problem as some of the people are facing at the moment and I was wondering whether these two problems are related. If they are not, that means I have so far two minor irratiating problems on hand without any solution yet. Could it be a hardware as well as a software problem with this newly designed handset. I have three other different made hansets running Jelly Bean 4.1,4.2 and 4.3 and all of them are not having the above two problems. Should I or should I not  send it back to Amazon for refund as the Motorola customer service suggested. And then buy another one when solutions are found.I am very reluctant to take this route as I don't think it is the right way to solve a problem. Thanks again guys.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 7 of 13

fatfatfatman said:

Hi Gaurav & PhoneDonkey,

Many thanks for thet reply, I am fully understood the logic of it, the reason I brought up this subject is that I am having the same Delayed Notification problem as some of the people are facing at the moment and I was wondering whether these two problems are related. If they are not, that means I have so far two minor irratiating problems on hand without any solution yet. Could it be a hardware as well as a software problem with this newly designed handset. I have three other different made hansets running Jelly Bean 4.1,4.2 and 4.3 and all of them are not having the above two problems. Should I or should I not  send it back to Amazon for refund as the Motorola customer service suggested. And then buy another one when solutions are found.I am very reluctant to take this route as I don't think it is the right way to solve a problem. Thanks again guys.

View original

@fatfatfatman-

I'll check but I think it is normal that 24KB are remaining if the App Cache is cleared but App Data is not. I'll see what other devices I have on JB to compare with and also with other KitKat devices.

As for the notifications issue, that is being investigated and is discussed in other threads. Let's not connect the two unless we've confirmed there is a confirmed correlation.

Mark

Forum Manager

Mark
Former Employee
fatfatfatman
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 13

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your time.Eagerly awaiting your investigation. Hopefully all problems solved before the refund time limit is up.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 13

Confirming that I have never been able to clear cache to anything less than 24kb for any app (at least on recent devices/apps).

A long time ago the minimum was 12kb...can't remember exactly when I changed.
Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 10 of 13

fatfatfatman-

I compared with other KitKat devices and I am seeing the same behavior. I also checked a JellyBean device and I am seeing it changed to 0KB. I still wouldn't consider this a bug as it might have been a change in KitKat and 24KB is nominal in the scheme of things. If it were over 500KB that would be a different story. Will see what I can find out.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee