Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hassam1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,672
Message 1 of 6

Unsupported SD Card after factory reset

I had been usind my ScanDisk 32 GB card as internal storage for quite some time. today i did Factory reset of the phone. an now the phone does not pick up the phone? it asks me to format the card to use as portable or as internal storage. I have all my data in the card. HELP!

Bubai2013
802.11n
Views: 4,549
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unsupported SD Card after factory reset

I think you have missed something while restting your device. I think you were using SD card as internal memory, but you performed reset removing the SD card from phone and you thought you will put it again after reset and you will get all your data back. But once you formatted SD card as internal, the sd card is encrypted and ca't be accessed by any other device not even through USB. You should have also formatted the SD card too with the phone. Now there is no way to retrieve your data back.

With Love,
Bubai
hassam1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,539
Message 3 of 6

I did't remove the SD card while doing the factory rest. Before the reset the warning said it will eraseinternal storage. It did not say anything about the card so I thought naturally it would be safe

Bubai2013
802.11n
Views: 4,532
Message 4 of 6

It was just my guess that you have removed. As it was already set as internal storage and so encrypted, that's why not showing after reset. You have to reset the SD card.

With Love,
Bubai
Shiyalwalac
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,047
Message 5 of 6

Same Mistake I did y'day & have lost my Samsung 32GB UHS 3 card, did you recover any data? if yes then pl. suggest method. if not did reformatting card recover the card? pl mail me on shiyalcd@gmail.com

Ani12
What's DOS?
Views: 2,131
Message 6 of 6

Really there is no other way to recover data?