cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 350
Message 11 of 26

Re: Update failed to install I just received 8.4 mb update in my moto g 2nd gen.after installing update...

alcatraz1812 said:

Well at least tell me how can I revert back???View original

When you unlocked your bootloader, you voided your warranty.  There are a lot of warnings before you unlock the bootloader on Motorola's website that tell you that you're on your own once you do it.

There are forums on the web where you can get help with your phone and returning it to stock.  Unfortunately, we cannot help you here.  Just be sure you look at people's ratings in other forums to make sure they know what they're talking about.  

alcatraz1812
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 26

Re: Update failed to install I just received 8.4 mb update in my moto g 2nd gen.after installing update...

OK thanks...if I somehow manage to go to stock firmware and a locked bootloader will I get the update????
asit619
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 26

I have the same problem my phone is not rooted . I tried the update bu clearing cache in recovery mode still i'm getting the same error .

Please help

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 14 of 26

alcatraz1812 said:

OK thanks...if I somehow manage to go to stock firmware and a locked bootloader will I get the update????View original

You should.  But if anything is different from stock, it will not install.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 15 of 26

asit619 said:

I have the same problem my phone is not rooted . I tried the update bu clearing cache in recovery mode still i'm getting the same error .

Please help

View original

Were you ever rooted or modified in any way?  Is your bootloader unlocked?

asit619
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 26

crystallet said:

asit619 said:

Please help

View original

Were you ever rooted or modified in any way?  Is your bootloader unlocked?

View original

i never rooted or modified the phone and my bootloader is locked. I have seen many people having this problem. I told this to moto cuatomer care they told me to visit service center.

Please help coz the service center is very far.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 17 of 26

To everyone in this thread who has never modified their phone:

First, please make sure your IMEI number is correctly entered into your profile.  That will allow Motorola to look on the server to see if there's any information about why the update failed.

Second, can you please post a screenshot showing how much available storage you have?

Thanks!

asit619
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 26

i have given my 2nd sim IMEI no. will it be ok ????

screenshots of available storage are below 

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 19 of 26

asit619 said:

i have given my 2nd sim IMEI no. will it be ok ????

screenshots of available storage are below 

View original

Thanks for providing this information. Do you mind if we look at data from our end based on your IMEI? This might help us determine what's happening when it's failing.

-Tom

Motorola Support

asit619
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 26

Yes u can . But it wont harm my phone or data???