Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
snowcat1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,510
Message 1 of 3

Visual Voice Mail not working for AT&T

I have had my phone for a couple of weeks, and I just realized that I had no voicemail on the phone.   I was previously using AT&T's visual voicemail system on my old phone.

I called up AT&T support today, and it took them a while to figure out the issue.  The support person had to reset my voicemail to a regular mailbox, and then regular voicemail (hold down the 1 key) worked again.  The support person then said that this phone isn't compatible with their visual voicemail system.

After my voicemail started working again (I had to set it up from scratch), I tried the AT&T visual voicemail app again, but it keeps saying "An account verification has not been received yet".

I can live with the regular voicemail, but I wanted to see if any other AT&T users are having the same problem.  Thanks.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 3

Re: Visual Voice Mail not working for AT&T

Visual Voicemail Apps typically only work on Branded devices. You have an unbranded Moto G 2nd Gen correct?

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
snowcat1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: Visual Voice Mail not working for AT&T

Yes, it is unbranded.  Thanks for this info, and I hope it helps others that switch to this phone.