Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
millerjuju
What's DOS?
Views: 16,022
Message 1 of 12

how to recover deleted contacts from Moto G

There are nearly 500 contacts on my Moto G and i was planned to clean up the list. I did it today and found out i just deleted a few ones that are very important for me (business partners). Is there any way to recover those deleted items or files on Moto G? I have tried a few free app but none of them worked.

JasonvandeLaar
Broadband 3G
Message 2 of 12

Re: how to recover deleted contacts from Moto G

Using the export to storage option in the stock contacts app is your best bet if you don't have a google account. If you have not been backing up your contacts and you have deleted some they are probably gone for good, start backing them up. Did you try using Android Data Recovery for PC or MAC? If you try to use software to recover them make sure you check that it is compatible with your device.

Jason van de Laar
millerjuju
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 12

JasonvandeLaar said:

Using the export to storage option in the stock contacts app is your best bet if you don't have a google account. If you have not been backing up your contacts and you have deleted some they are probably gone for good, start backing them up. Did you try using Android Data Recovery for PC or MAC? If you try to use software to recover them make sure you check that it is compatible with your device.View original

thanks. unfortunately, I didn't have use Gmail for sync already. another mistake I made was not to back up the contacts, i only backed up the photos via dropbox

JasonvandeLaar
Broadband 3G
Message 4 of 12

One other thing to try is go to the contacts apps, hit the menu button in the top right, hit contacts to display and make sure that "all contacts" is selected to see if they were hidden by accident.

if that doesn't work,

I would look into Android Data Recovery for PC or MAC. If you act quickly you might still be able to restore the contacts. I did some more research and it seems that when you "delete" them its not a complete delete right away, they are simply moved to a different directory in the phone that is not utilizing any storage. So in summary your chances for success in recovering the contacts are increased if you stop adding apps, photos, music and anything else that takes up storage space on the device until you can recover them.

Jason van de Laar
Tejas_S
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 12

You can actually restore them using Google Contacts.

And from the Left sidebar menu select 'More' -> 'Restore contacts'

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 12

User says no google sync above

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
millerjuju
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 12

JasonvandeLaar said:

One other thing to try is go to the contacts apps, hit the menu button in the top right, hit contacts to display and make sure that "all contacts" is selected to see if they were hidden by accident.

View original

Tried that, no hidden contacts found. 

Jacklly
Paper Tape
Message 8 of 12

Using the export to storage option in the stock contacts app is your best bet if you don't have a google account. If you have not been backing up your contacts and you have deleted some they are probably gone for good, start backing them up. Did you try using Android Data Recovery for PC or MAC? If you try to use software to recover them make sure you check that it is compatible with your device.

If you're aware that you lost important data from your phone, you must first stop using your phone, otherwise, the new data covered your original data, and you can't recover any part of your data, then try Android data recovery to scan your Moto phone!

BuffySchoonmake
Paper Tape
Views: 10,960
Message 9 of 12

It would be possible for you to <link removed> based on the synchronization between your Motorola device and a specific Google account. Please follow the instruction below to get your important contacts back!

Step 1: Go to Google Contacts in your computer browser.
Step 2: On the upper middle of the interface, in the pull-down menu of "More", scroll down to click on "Restore contacts".
Step 3: In the next pop-up window, you are going to select a time to restore the contacts. Note that contacts can only be recovered within the latest 30 days. Tap on "Restore" and the operation is finished.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 10,941
Message 10 of 12

@BuffySchoonmake wrote:

It would be possible for you to <link removed> based on the synchronization between your Motorola device and a specific Google account. Please follow the instruction below to get your important contacts back!

Step 1: Go to Google Contacts in your computer browser.
Step 2: On the upper middle of the interface, in the pull-down menu of "More", scroll down to click on "Restore contacts".
Step 3: In the next pop-up window, you are going to select a time to restore the contacts. Note that contacts can only be recovered within the latest 30 days. Tap on "Restore" and the operation is finished.

Please dont link to software with root option. Also, if you only post one time and advocate a product it appears you are advertising/spamming the forums. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum