Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
motoG_-_Gaurav
802.11n
Views: 240
Message 1 of 6

"Device memory is currently low" !!

Hi Motorola Team,

I've observed that RAM usage of my device is much on the higher side, given the apps/processes that I run. Whenever I have tried to check using Developer Options >> Process Stats, my device memory has always hovered b/w low and critical.

At any given point of time, my device is consuming around 70% of RAM. I understand there could be multiple facets involved here & I will try to put down as many as I can.

List of Apps in the order of memory usage:

1. Google Play Services -- 64.6 MB

2. Settings -- 53 MB

3. Google Keyboard -- 36 MB

4. Motorola Notification -- 31 MB

5. WhatsApp -- 19 MB

6. WeChat -- 17.5 MB <I don't know how & why this re-appears in the list despite being force stopped & no usage>

6. MotoCare -- 16 MB

While I am writing this post, there's only 286 MB of free RAM on my device. Not sure if this is good or bad, but 70% RAM usage at all times, without much load, makes me jittery.

Please advise.

Best!

Gaurav

grai_titan_xt10
Paper Tape
Message 2 of 6

Re: "Device memory is currently low" !!

Dnt worry Gaurav bhai, it is usual. Even my device has only 200mb free ram. But it runs flawlessly. Feel free to share if you have performance related problem.
motoG_-_Gaurav
802.11n
Message 3 of 6

Hi Gaurav -

Good to know that I'm not alone out there Smiley Happy ------- Lets hear it from the experts too!

There are no performance issues as such, but still curious to know if this behavior is normal or surreal.

grai_titan_xt10
Paper Tape
Message 4 of 6

It is obvious lots moto app and google apps running at same time but infact most of it we don't use. If u disable those apps u will surely get more free ram.
motoG_-_Gaurav
802.11n
Message 5 of 6

Some services/processes run in the background & are reqd. to do so. You may not know which app is using what service.  Force stopping/killing these services may fail the app to perform as desired.

It is advised not to force stop at least core system services/processes.

motoG_-_Gaurav
802.11n
Message 6 of 6

Hi Moto Team,

Requesting your views on this thread.

Best!

Gaurav