Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMOTO G 3rd Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-03-2021

Argentina

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

A bit desperate here, any help is welcome

2021-03-03, 7:32 AM

Hi everyone, im new here

Ill try to be brief:

My old moto G3 can not start android OS anymore after i messed up the google app installation (dumb mistake from my part). The thing is now the moto logo get stuck in a loop. I can reach the setup menu with the combination of buttons tho. From there I might do a factory reset but before that i need to recover some files from the internal storage and i dont know how. I tried to investigate about "Apply update from sd card" and "Apply update from adb" options but couldnt find anything useful so far. I have also tried to recover the files with the program "Dr Fone" but sadly it was a waste of time. I dont know what to do at this point and... ill appreciate any help

Thanks
Options

651 Posts

11-24-2020

India

103 Signins

9510 Page Views

• Views: 9510
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:A bit desperate here, any help is welcome

2021-03-03, 9:22 AM

@ Helplessbug wrote:

Hi everyone, im new here

Ill try to be brief:

My old moto G3 can not start android OS anymore after i messed up the google app installation (dumb mistake from my part). The thing is now the moto logo get stuck in a loop. I can reach the setup menu with the combination of buttons tho. From there I might do a factory reset but before that i need to recover some files from the internal storage and i dont know how. I tried to investigate about "Apply update from sd card" and "Apply update from adb" options but couldnt find anything useful so far. I have also tried to recover the files with the program "Dr Fone" but sadly it was a waste of time. I dont know what to do at this point and... ill appreciate any help

Thanks

Hi,

Welcome to Motorola Forums. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone. Let me try to help you here. Regarding the data back-up/recovery, if you have taken all data back-up(Contacts, Photos, and videos) in a google account you can retrieve those by logging in with the same Google credentials. Unfortunately, we do not have any other options to recover the data from the phone if you are unable to access it. However, I would suggest you try force rebooting the phone (Press and hold the power button for 20 to 30 seconds) by removing SIM and SD card if you have inserted it. See if that helps.

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

03-03-2021

Argentina

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-03-04, 18:10 PM

Thanks but "force rebooting" didnt work.

Unfortunately, we do not have any other options to recover the data from the phone if you are unable to access it.

It must be a way to recover those files! I can literally visualize the folders in the recovery menu. So frustrating

Options

651 Posts

11-24-2020

India

103 Signins

9510 Page Views

• Views: 9510
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-03-05, 7:31 AM

@ Helplessbug wrote:

Thanks but "force rebooting" didnt work.

Unfortunately, we do not have any other options to recover the data from the phone if you are unable to access it.

It must be a way to recover those files! I can literally visualize the folders in the recovery menu. So frustrating

Hi,

I understand, but sorry to say, unfortunately, there are no other options to back-up the files if you are unable to access the device. 

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms