Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dubois
What's DOS?
Views: 2,360
Message 1 of 11

APN settings Consumer Cellular

I really like the phone but I can't get the phone into LTE I only get 3g.  The Support at Consumer Cellular is fairly useless.  Does anyone happen to be using Consumer Cellular and getting LTE?  If so can you possibly share the APN settings?  Any help would be appreciated,  thanks.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 11

Re: APN settings Consumer Cellular

Does this comment help at all?  

Some users have noted that they need to create a NEW APN settings file and delete the old one....

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Dubois
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 11

I have deleted many of the old APN files I created. 

Dubois
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 11

Fixed by changing the APN settings and a few other things, Consumer Cellular was of little help.  If anyone in the future needs help with this phone (for LTE)on the Consumer Cellular network I should be able to help.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 11

Dubois said:

Fixed by changing the APN settings and a few other things, Consumer Cellular was of little help.  If anyone in the future needs help with this phone (for LTE)on the Consumer Cellular network I should be able to help.

View original

If you would, please share which settings you changed and what other things needed addressing to fix this issue?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Message 6 of 11

what APN settings do you have ?

Go to Settings >> More >> Cellular Networks >>  Access Point Names and detail the settings in the APN 

Dubois
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 11

LTE phones:

Name CC LTE
Proxy port Blank or Not Set
Proxy push Enabled or None
Authentication type secure, none, or not set
Username <Blank>
Password <Blank>
APN ccdata
MMSC http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port 80
Authentication Type None or Not Set
APN Type

default, mms, supl or

default,mms,agps,supl,fota

These are the APN settings for Consumer Cellular9(AT&T).  I can get the phone into LTE but when I reboot it reverts back to 3g.  I have to play with the settings to get it back to 3G.  I think this might possibly be a Android L 5.1 issue bug. 

Tel864
HDMI
Message 8 of 11

I've had Consumer Cellular several years though 4 different phones, including the G2 and now G3. These are the settings I've always used and had no problems with LTE on phones that actually supported it. Once I edit my APN and save these settings have always stuck.

APN

att.mvno

Proxy

Port

Username

Not Set

Password

Not Set

MMSC

http://mmsc.cingular.com

MMS proxy

proxy.mvno.ccmobileweb.com

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

None

APN type

default,mms,supl,agps,fota,hipri

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 9 of 11

Dubois said:

LTE phones:

Name CC LTE
Proxy port Blank or Not Set
Proxy push Enabled or None
Authentication type secure, none, or not set
Username <Blank>
Password <Blank>
APN ccdata
MMSC http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port 80
Authentication Type None or Not Set
APN Type

default, mms, supl or

default,mms,agps,supl,fota

These are the APN settings for Consumer Cellular9(AT&T).  I can get the phone into LTE but when I reboot it reverts back to 3g.  I have to play with the settings to get it back to 3G.  I think this might possibly be a Android L 5.1 issue bug. 

View original

I'm assuming these are the settings you're using now. Do you happen to know what settings you had originally before you deleted/modified the APN? Also, what other settings have you changed?

-Tom

Motorola Support

Dubois
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 11

The above APN settings are the ones I am using. I have had to play with the Bearer Setting in the APN switching from the default Unspecified to LTE(doesn't work)back to Unspecified(works).  In the Cellular network settings/Network operators I choose AT&T rather than the default Choose Automatically.  The Preferred network type gets changed to LTE with the above switch. I still have to play with it a bit(Bearer setting-Preferred Network type-Network Operators saving and changing settings till LTE kicks in.

This is odd and I really don't understand why this is happening. I called Consumer Cellular numerous times and they insist that the phone is provisioned for LTE and their is nothing further they can do.  

Top Kudoed Authors