Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OCouch
Paper Tape
Views: 1,210
Message 1 of 4

Boot loop Moto G3 (XT1541 8GB P2B)

Hi,

My Moto G3 recently powered off due to a flat battery. When I plugged it in, it went into a boot loop.

I can access the fastboot bootloader (holding Volume down while powering on). I can access recovery mode (select recovery in fastboot, then get the dead android with red exclamation sign, hold power while press and release volume up).

Clearing the cache has not worked. Doing a factory reset has not worked.

My firmware version is: motorola/osprey_reteu/osprey_umts6.0.1/MPIS24.107-55-2-17/14user/release-keys

It is a factory unlocked Australian model (not rooted/bootloader unlocked - never has been; it's completely stock)

Any help would be much appreciated - I need this phone for my job!

Cheers,

Oliver

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,202
Message 2 of 4

Re: Boot loop Moto G3 (XT1541 8GB P2B)

OCouch
Paper Tape
Views: 1,192
Message 3 of 4

No, that does not help.
OCouch
Paper Tape
Views: 1,181
Message 4 of 4

I don't know why, but it was crashing and restarting before it would finish wiping the user data/reformatting when I selected factory reset in the recovery menu.

I found what are supposedly motorola original, untouched, images on the xda forums. I wasn't able to put one on (because they were too old?) But nonetheless, I was able to perform a cache and data wipe with fastboot, using "fastboot -w".

I was then able to perform the factory reset through the phone's recovery menu.

I lost all my data, but at least my phone is working again.

See here for more info on downloading/installing fastboot: https://forum.xda-developers.com/2015-moto-g/general/guide-fastboot-flashing-factory-t3187750