Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fmlferreira
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,658
Message 1 of 7

Callers hear echo

Hello there community,

So I have registered in these forums and come to ask for your help because really I don't want to return my phone yet again.

I have bought a Moto G3 a couple of months ago and right out of the box it had some call quality issues - quite some interference when calling some people, many people complained that they couldn't hear me quite well. I tried changing settings and whatnot but no luck so I sent it back to the store where I have bought it so they could send the phone to a Motorola repair center.

One month later, I get the phone back and the report said they had replaced the microphone. You can see the report attached, I circled the important part in red, it's in Spanish and it says "SW update, main microphone replaced. General revision of the terminal OK." (I have no idea what SW means).

So now, call quality is fine but whoever calls me hears him or herself when talking, which is quite annoying for everyone.

This does not happen if I have an headset on and it also happen if I call through apps like WhatsApp.

Do you have any idea what's causing this echo? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,650
Message 2 of 7

Re: Callers hear echo

SW is software - you can try troubleshooting and see if any of these steps make a difference Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375...

If nothing helps, it could be the repair center missed a step or part. Did you go through Motorola wareanty for your repair?have you contacted repair facility yet?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Jeffrey121
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,640
Message 3 of 7

My phone does the exact same garbled Echo. I need it garbled Echo and I seem to be the only one that can hear it usually happens on long distance calls on my second Motorola phone it still does it and sometimes it doesn't write everything nobody I've called the Consumer Cellular people and ask them they had no clue I got a different phone my new phone does it also I hate it I hate it I hate it both phones both reset same problem same problem maybe it's time to get an iPhone.

fmlferreira
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,635
Message 4 of 7

Thank you for your fast answer.

I had done all those generic steps and none worked out for me. I did go through Motorola warranty and I have not contacted the repair facility because I have no direct line to contact them - I contact the store where I bought the phone, tell them about my problem, they don't have a clue about any solution (which is expected, they are not repairing phones, they're just selling them) and they send someone to pick up to phone and ship it to the repair center.

I know that you have to make sure first that I went through those generic steps that may solve any issue but can you please tell me if this is a known issue and if there is a known specific solution to this issue?

I love the phone but I simply can't have a phone where people are not able to call me and I would like to know if there's anything I can do before sending back the phone to a repair center with which I will not have any contact with and which will take my phone away yet another month.

Thank you for all your help.
fmlferreira
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,588
Message 5 of 7

Can you please reply to my previous message?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,582
Message 6 of 7

I dont understand what else i can do. You should contact motorola support to have your phone repaired - i dont know anything about having a place of purchase send off for repairs. 

Www.motorola.com, get help, product support - you should be prompted to pick your refion/country

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
MobilTech
Punch Card
Views: 2,118
Message 7 of 7

I am facing the same echo problem with Moto G3. This affects in two ways

1. the receiver is hearing the echo while I am getting his voice clear.

2. On loudspeaker, I am hearing the echo and the receiver too.

When I checked on other application the problem persist in recording of voice but music, radio, utube etc  apps are working fine with loudspeaker. 

So please help with the solution if any available. I did safe mode and factory reset but issue not resolved.

Using Marshmallow 6.0.1

SKU XT1550