Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RKM9
Paper Tape
Views: 1,024
Message 1 of 5

Cannot connect to network since update

I installed the system update on Friday and since then, I get an error every time I try to connect to cellular networks (exclamation mark on the signal icon, "no internet connection" if I try to load a webpage). If I am connected to wifi, it shows me as having a phone signal as well, but it's gone every time I leave wifi. I have restarted, removed the sim and put it back in, and changed my preference from LTE to 3G (which is usually what I can access here), no luck. Can anyone help?

I'm pretty certain it's connected to the update but I did have to manually connect to a network when I first returned to the country after roaming a week ago.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,004
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cannot connect to network since update

@RKM9 wrote:

I installed the system update on Friday and since then, I get an error every time I try to connect to cellular networks (exclamation mark on the signal icon, "no internet connection" if I try to load a webpage). If I am connected to wifi, it shows me as having a phone signal as well, but it's gone every time I leave wifi. I have restarted, removed the sim and put it back in, and changed my preference from LTE to 3G (which is usually what I can access here), no luck. Can anyone help?

I'm pretty certain it's connected to the update but I did have to manually connect to a network when I first returned to the country after roaming a week ago.

Have you checked your APN - does it match what your carrier says it should be?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
RKM9
Paper Tape
Views: 998
Message 3 of 5

It seems to. I did the "reset to default" and it doesn't seem to have solved the problem.

RKM9
Paper Tape
Views: 944
Message 4 of 5

Update: seems to have actually been an account issue, not related to the update or just showing up differently since the update. Sorry!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 939
Message 5 of 5

@RKM9 wrote:

Update: seems to have actually been an account issue, not related to the update or just showing up differently since the update. Sorry!

Thanks for reporting back. hopefully this will help someone else. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum