Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdw202x
Punch Card
Views: 2,445
Message 1 of 3

Changing notification sounds - Moto G 3rd

Another 'how to' question on Moto G 3rd:

How do I set different sounds for different notifications?  I would like one sound for text messages, one for email account #1; another for email account #2 and so on.  Right now, I can only figure out how to change the sounds for the phone ring or all text/emails.

I'm using the basic programs on the phone and haven't rooted or modified the phone at all.  I am not using Hangouts.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Re: Changing notification sounds - Moto G 3rd

Within the SMS app, you can go to settings and set a spade fault tone. Same is true for email - settings in the app. 3 dots to bring up settings menu. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 3

Re: Changing notification sounds - Moto G 3rd

AlphaDog said:

Within the SMS app, you can go to settings and set a spade fault tone. Same is true for email - settings in the app. 3 dots to bring up settings menu. 

View original

If you have multiple email accounts on the phone, you can also set different notification sounds for each account (at least in the Gmail app you can....).

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Top Kudoed Authors