Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magicjayu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,567
Message 1 of 5

Driving Mode in Moto g4 Plus

I've upgraded from a 2nd generation Moto X to the new Moto G4 Plus, but Assist is completely different now and there's no option for Driving Mode to speak texts and automatically default the phone to speaker mode when answered. Is this not a feature on this phone? And if it is, where do I find it? Because it doesn't appear under the Moto Assist app under Activities.

Highlighted
magicjayu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,540
Message 2 of 5

Driving mode not found on MOTO G4 Plus

I've upgraded from a 2nd generation Moto X to the new Moto G4 Plus, but Assist is completely different now and there's no option for Driving Mode to speak texts and automatically default the phone to speaker mode when answered. Is this not a feature on this phone? And if it is, where do I find it? Because it doesn't appear under the Moto Assist app under Activities.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,514
Message 3 of 5

Re: Driving Mode in Moto g4 Plus

@magicjayu wrote:

I've upgraded from a 2nd generation Moto X to the new Moto G4 Plus, but Assist is completely different now and there's no option for Driving Mode to speak texts and automatically default the phone to speaker mode when answered. Is this not a feature on this phone? And if it is, where do I find it? Because it doesn't appear under the Moto Assist app under Activities.

Hi magicjayu,

Please do not start 2 new threads with the same exact concern. It causes clutter on the site and makes it harder for us to follow an issue. You have created one already,  so please post there. Thanks.

Closing thread

Best regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,510
Message 4 of 5

@magicjayu wrote:

Open the Moto app, select Voice, then Talk to me. If your phone has this feature, Driving would be there. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 3,469
Message 5 of 5

@magicjayu

This phone does not have Moto Voice. This is why you don't have Driving Mode. However, you can install Android Auto: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead which will give you a similar experience. 

-Tom