Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acciolaura
Paper Tape
Views: 421
Message 1 of 5

European Moto G works in Brazil?

Motorola Moto G de 3ª Generación 8GB, 4G,  will work in brasil? This is the mobile and this are the configuration:

Conectividad

4G

AGPS / SW Navegación

LTE
LTE CAT 4: 150/50

Red Ethernet
LTE 1, 3, 7, 8, 20 UMTS 1900/2100 GSM 850/900/1800/1900

WiFi
2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n

I think 3g and calls should for sure work because of the frequencyGSM, but Motorola's support gave me some bad expectation (no 3g, no calls, no 4g, no warranty).

Thanks!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 406
Message 2 of 5

Re: European Moto G works in Brazil?

@acciolaura wrote:

Motorola Moto G de 3ª Generación 8GB, 4G,  will work in brasil? This is the mobile and this are the configuration:

Conectividad

4G

AGPS / SW Navegación

LTE
LTE CAT 4: 150/50

Red Ethernet
LTE 1, 3, 7, 8, 20 UMTS 1900/2100 GSM 850/900/1800/1900

WiFi
2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n

I think 3g and calls should for sure work because of the frequencyGSM, but Motorola's support gave me some bad expectation (no 3g, no calls, no 4g, no warranty).

Thanks!

There are multiple European variants from different eu countries. But if support says it won't work, then no one here will argue. No warranty in Brazil. You would have to  ship to europe. They would only return ship to europe. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
acciolaura
Paper Tape
Views: 402
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your reply. So, the support was not very clear because they can't actually say for sure if it works or doesn't work, as they say they can't say that for any country outside EU. Their words: "Los modelos europeos tienen varias diferencias de hardware y software con los Americanos, y la conexion 4G NO le va a funcionar, la conexion 3G funcionaria en algunos operadores y otros no, y no podemos garantizar la compatibilidad total con ningun operador fuera de la Union Europea. "

What I would like to know is: if the phone is GSM 850/900/1800/1900, that's the same we use in Brasil. Spain uses UMTS 900 / 2100 and Brazil uses 850 / 900 / 2100. With taht, why wouldn't it work? I don't see how the 3G and the calls wouldn't work, and the 4G I understand.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 400
Message 4 of 5

@acciolaura wrote:

Thank you for your reply. So, the support was not very clear because they can't actually say for sure if it works or doesn't work, as they say they can't say that for any country outside EU. Their words: "Los modelos europeos tienen varias diferencias de hardware y software con los Americanos, y la conexion 4G NO le va a funcionar, la conexion 3G funcionaria en algunos operadores y otros no, y no podemos garantizar la compatibilidad total con ningun operador fuera de la Union Europea. "

What I would like to know is: if the phone is GSM 850/900/1800/1900, that's the same we use in Brasil. Spain uses UMTS 900 / 2100 and Brazil uses 850 / 900 / 2100. With taht, why wouldn't it work? I don't see how the 3G and the calls wouldn't work, and the 4G I understand.

It should work for calls, maybe only on 2G - the frequencies have ot match exact often - so the fact that Brazil 2100 - and the phone doesn't have it, means it may not work on 3g. It depends on the frequencies are paired. Sometimes one is dedicated for one direction. 

The question is better directed at your carrier - Maybe they have a forum, you can post the information and get a more definitive answer. But also remember, some carrier specific functions (if they exist) may not work properly (Volte, video calling, mms). I had a Moto Maxx from BR that worked fine on ATT in USA though. 

But i would be more worried about Warranty. Motorola is strict about warranty in region - so any failure of the phone means it has to be shipped to someone in EU that will send and receive it, then back to you. A user in brazil that purchased a US phone (posted on these forums) that it cost him hundreds of dollars between customs and shipping to get a warranty defect fixed in the USA.

Likely all will work fairly well, but no one wants to guarantee it. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
acciolaura
Paper Tape
Views: 396
Message 5 of 5

Yes, I already asked there! Thank you very much!