Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 2 (630 Views)

Google Phone app for Moto G 3rd Generation?

Hi, I am experiencing trouble downloading the Phone app made by Google Inc. on the Play Store on my Moto G 3rd Generation. I see the app in the Store when I search for it, but when I try and download the app, it says "Your device is not compatible with this version." The Moto G3 is running Marshmallow, so why is it saying it is not compatible? Is it not possible to download this app on this phone? Any help would be appreciated!

Guru
Message 2 of 2 (624 Views)

Re: Google Phone app for Moto G 3rd Generation?

[ Edited ]

It looks to me like this app is ONLY for GOOGLE brand devices and not just the Android OS platform. When you scroll down to read what the app is about, it says .... "...*This app update is supported on Pixel, Nexus, Android One and Google Play Edition devices running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and newer.*"  

The Motorola is not a branded "Google" created device but does use the Android OS. Just like you can't install a Sony or Samsung specific app, especially not device system apps like this phone controller app, onto a Motorola device (your G3), even if the Android OS version is the same.

Top kudoed Authors