Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ourdayout
What's DOS?
Views: 7,535
Message 1 of 9

Help! Locked out with Tap to Speak!

Hi,

A numpty asking for urgen help here, I have no idea how this happened, but my phone is suddenly showing the enclosed screen where I would enter my password. It doesn't even allow an option of "speaking". Can anyone advise how I can get into my phone and get rid of this please? Do I have some malware or something? I definitely can't recall even remotely enabling this. Many thanks,

Phone Initial Screen.jpg

Guru
Views: 7,387
Message 2 of 9

Re: Help! Locked out with Tap to Speak!

Can you do a hard reset?  After that, try go in to Settings>Apps>"Name of App Here", then pick that app & choose Force Close. After that, try to reset & change app preferences. You may have conflicts between apps on your device. Too many similar apps (even 2) wanting to do the same functions can screw things up. Try not to have similar apps doing similar things running at the same time.

DIY Troubleshooting

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 7,384
Message 3 of 9

What happens when you tap the down arrow at the bottom, or the x at the top of the box? You can try restarting in safe mode to eliminate 3rd party apps. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
ourdayout
What's DOS?
Views: 7,371
Message 4 of 9

Hi, thanks for your quick responses. I reset my phone to get over this but of course had to reinstall certain stuff. Didn't know you could boot into safe mode I'll find out how to do this in future. God knows how this occurred though, but many thnaks for your replies. cheers.

niblockd
What's DOS?
Views: 7,268
Message 5 of 9

I have exactly the same problem.

Suspect the hard reset is the only solution, as the safe mode requires access to the phone's menu, which is not possible since I'm locked out and cannot enter my unlock pass code.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 7,265
Message 6 of 9

@niblockd wrote:

I have exactly the same problem.

Suspect the hard reset is the only solution, as the safe mode requires access to the phone's menu, which is not possible since I'm locked out and cannot enter my unlock pass code.

Safe mode doesn't require menu access. But you do have to tap and hold the words "power off" when you hit the power button. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
trice6319
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,111
Message 7 of 9

please help i can't even do a hard reset holding down the power button and volume button nothing works please help
trice6319
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,110
Message 8 of 9

same phone moto g tap to speak is the only thing showing up 

Bojacob
What's DOS?
Views: 1,475
Message 9 of 9

I know this is an old question but here's a solution to whoever finds this post:

I actually managed to get through the lock screen by attaching a physical keyboard through a USB OTG.  Typed the password and screen unlocked just fine.

It turns out the Google Keyboard was disabled in the Apps section for some reason.  Turned it back on and I was good to go,

Top Kudoed Authors