cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khylo
Paper Tape
Views: 7,361
Message 1 of 11

How can I stop recent calls from being added to speed dial automatically?

I've seen other people ask you this question and even though it is marked as resolved no one has ever answered it correctly. It's as if no one's actually reading the question being asked by the person posting it. 

On the Moto G 3rd gen which I have, not only can I not figure out how to turn off the speed dial feature, I can't even figure out how to stop it from automatically adding numbers to the speed dial. It is incredibly annoying and particularly assumptive and I need it removed as a feature as soon as possible. If I want to set a speed dial I will do it myself.

Please don't tell me how to go and delete the whole lot I've already had to figure out that ridiculousness. This problem will only be considered solved if someone tells me how to prevent the horrible non-functionality of calls from being automatically added to speed dial!!

Like I said I've seen many people try to post this question and everyone thinks they've answered it by telling them how to delete them. That is not in the slightest the question being asked. Somewhere in the settings for the phone or for contacts or somewhere there must be a way to turn off speed dial entirely in fact and if there isn't I'm really disappointed in Moto and Google.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 7,201
Message 2 of 11

Re: How can I stop recent calls from being added to speed dial automatically?

The short answer - it can't be turned off with default android dialer. 

Suggestion, try other dialing apps from play store. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
chandru2619
Paper Tape
Views: 6,130
Message 3 of 11

I too have same question to Motorola and Lenovo and Google

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 6,129
Message 4 of 11

@chandru2619 wrote:

I too have same question to Motorola and Lenovo and Google

The same answer as  a month ago. It can't be turned off in the stock dialer. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
cajunjohn
What's DOS?
Views: 1,844
Message 5 of 11

I hate the feature and would not recommend this phone. The worst part is that if you hit the contact that is added it automatically calls the number by mistake. I am looking for another phone and will never ever get a Motorola again.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,841
Message 6 of 11

@cajunjohn wrote:
I hate the feature and would not recommend this phone. The worst part is that if you hit the contact that is added it automatically calls the number by mistake. I am looking for another phone and will never ever get a Motorola again.

don't buy any phone that uses the android dialer then - that is part of android. You will need to find a manufacturer that has customized the dialer to act  differently.

Or just go to the play store and download a different dialer. 

cajunjohn
What's DOS?
Views: 1,836
Message 7 of 11

I had a samsung phone before and it did not have this feature
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,835
Message 8 of 11

@cajunjohn wrote:
I had a samsung phone before and it did not have this feature

Samsung customizes much of the android software they use. You see the samsung custom dialer. You can download other dialers for phones too. 

z3celluser
What's DOS?
Views: 1,711
Message 9 of 11

I too have the same problem. I called Verizon, then Motorola. At the end of the Motorola call they told me that they we just tech support, and that I should speak with the developers. They gave me a link, and I went round and round. Not sure where I ended up

So in researching this ever expanding Speed Dial problem. I found that it only happend when you call someone who is in your contact list. It makes no difference if it is using voice dialing ot finger dialing.

So I see it's 3+ years that this has been reported. Appearently Motorol does not care what it's CURRENT customers think. I'd get a different  dialer as stated here, but Ihave noidea of what works. 

I guess I'll just hang in there. Oh as a quick fix, I created shortcuts to me favorite callers and put them on the home/main page. 

I guess I'm stuck for now.......until my phone contract come up. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,704
Message 10 of 11

As mentioned before, google designed the dialer, not Motorola. 

Why not try other dialers? That is the power of Android .you don't like how something works, you are free to try other apps .

Huge numbers of apps on play store that allow many changes to a phone