cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT-7474
Serial Port
Views: 1,571
Message 1 of 8

How to backup Moto G3 2015 using Lolipop 5.1.1 - W10 PC - Install; 128GB SDXC card & Marshmallow 6+?

What are the best methods (with step by step instructions) to backup and sync everything on my Moto G3rd Gen. 2015, (Model No: XT1541) phone including SanDisk 32GB SDHC card onto Windows 10's PC?

Is it possible to use Samsung's backup software because Motorola hasn't created one to backup everything; Calendars, Contacts, Music, Photos, and Videos etcetera by clicking a single button?

After backups are done then how do I verify that data and information have been backed up correctly?

What is the procedure to see if it is possible to install greater than > 32GB SDHC cards - for example SanDisk's 128Gb SDXC V30 card into Moto G3 2015 using Marshmallow 6.1+ extending the internal RAM from 8GB (available to user = 4GB) + 128GB = 136GB SSD (User available = 132GB)?

If successful then what would be the procedure to restore all data and information onto Moto G3rd Gen 2015?

How to backup data and Information using Marshmallow 6.0

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,547
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to backup Moto G3 2015 using Lolipop 5.1.1 - W10 PC - Install; 128GB SDXC card & Marshma

@BT-7474 wrote:

What are the best methods (with step by step instructions) to backup and sync everything on my Moto G3rd Gen. 2015, (Model No: XT1541) phone including SanDisk 32GB SDHC card onto Windows 10's PC?

Is it possible to use Samsung's backup software because Motorola hasn't created one to backup everything; Calendars, Contacts, Music, Photos, and Videos etcetera by clicking a single button?

After backups are done then how do I verify that data and information have been backed up correctly?

What is the procedure to see if it is possible to install greater than > 32GB SDHC cards - for example SanDisk's 128Gb SDXC V30 card into Moto G3 2015 using Marshmallow 6.1+ extending the internal RAM from 8GB (available to user = 4GB) + 128GB = 136GB SSD (User available = 132GB)?

If successful then what would be the procedure to restore all data and information onto Moto G3rd Gen 2015?

Android and Moto offer no full backup solution. No 1 button solution unless a 3rd party app does it. 

I use google contacts, calendar, photos to sync those items in real time to cloud and to pc. Music is mine and compied to sd card. Master of music on my home nas. Sd card is just copied. Sms requires a 3rd party app. App data maybe backed up by google backup, but i dont use this, so i dont count on it. Email passwords are not backed up. If sd card mounted as external in android 6 the procedure is the same. 

If you want extend internal storage it is not RAM. And if 32gb is max recommended, no testing will ensure long term stability. 

Restore is opposite of above.  Samsung backup will not work. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
BT-7474
Serial Port
Views: 1,512
Message 3 of 8

Re: How to backup Moto G3 2015 using Lolipop 5.1.1 - W10 PC - Install; 128GB SDXC card & Marshma

At least I know that the probably excellent Samsung's backup software is incompatible with Motorola' phones.

Just one out of numerous examples why both; Motorola' and Lenovo' products should be boycotted - They just don't care about their consumers.
BT-7474
Serial Port
Views: 1,501
Message 4 of 8

@AlphaDog wrote:

@BT-7474 wrote:

Android and Moto offer no full backup solution. No 1 button solution unless a 3rd party app does it. 

I use google contacts, calendar, photos to sync those items in real time to cloud and to pc. Music is mine and compied to sd card. Master of music on my home nas. Sd card is just copied. Sms requires a 3rd party app. App data maybe backed up by google backup, but i dont use this, so i dont count on it. Email passwords are not backed up. If sd card mounted as external in android 6 the procedure is the same. 

If you want extend internal storage it is not RAM. And if 32gb is max recommended, no testing will ensure long term stability. 

Restore is opposite of above.  Samsung backup will not work. 

I agree that the RAM which is either 1GB or 2GB cannot be increased but the other type of internal memory 8GB / 16GB can be increased by using MarshMallow.

The definition of a long term based on Pure Mathematics is infinity, which means that any test will not verify even in the long term for <= (less than or equal to) 32GB SDHC will work properly.

This last statement reminds me of Motorola's mission statement that appears to don't admit to anything whilst misleading consumers and maximizing Motorola's and Lenovo's; profits. 

Explains why Motorola and Google haven't also modified the internal RAM to at least 2TB and provide proper security protection against Stagefright Trojan etcetera.

BT-7474
Serial Port
Views: 1,500
Message 5 of 8

internal RAM should be internal Memory
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,495
Message 6 of 8

SD card to extend internal storage is not the same as having enough internal storage. This is well documented. All apps can't be moved, and the performance of SD cards is not the same internal storage. The failure rates of SD cards is also much higher then the NAND Flash used onboard. 

TB of Ram in a phone? Most Servers don't have more then 128GB - many much less. I think you mean GB - I don't think you could fit 32GB of RAM In a phone - physically. But other Moto phones have 3-4GB of Ram.

As for vulnerabilities, if you go to googles vulnerability notification pages, they say that the most of the vulnerabilities are mitigated by the OS security features even if not patched.....

But please try to stay on topic - this thread is about backups and and a 128GB SD card. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
BT-7474
Serial Port
Views: 1,394
Message 7 of 8

I must assumed that you didn't saw that I stated that RAM was a mistake - due to time lag - UK versus USA time zones.

But thanks for your backup solution.

Isn't it possible for you to ask Motorola / Lenovo to create for example a one button; backup/restore with the power that you possess?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,388
Message 8 of 8

@BT-7474 wrote:

I must assumed that you didn't saw that I stated that RAM was a mistake - due to time lag - UK versus USA time zones.

But thanks for your backup solution.

Isn't it possible for you to ask Motorola / Lenovo to create for example a one button; backup/restore with the power that you possess?

I don't have that kind of power or connections in that area, and I just don't see it being that useful. Google backs up and restores everything i need. I rarely plug into a PC unless i have too. 

I would rather see an app that flashes a phone to factory stock and fix all phone failures that many users create.