02-17-2016

IT

102 Signins

665 Page Views

• Views: 665
  • Message 1 of 5

How to edit contacts on the SIM card

2016-08-23, 12:23 PM

Another question that derives from my previous experience with a different mobile phone.

May I have my contacts on both the device and the sim card?

How do I tell if the contacts that I'm viewing are in the device or rather in the sim card?

My old Samsung let me copy/move contacts between device and sim card, and I can chose which one to view.

In the address book settings of my Moto G3 I only see that I can import contacts from the SIM card - but I don't even know how to manage/edit thos contacts on the sim.

--Carlo

Solved! See the solution
Options

127 Posts

02-19-2016

IN

98 Signins

1069 Page Views

• Views: 1069
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: How to edit contacts on the SIM card

2016-08-24, 9:58 AM
you simply cannot Samsung uses it's own touchwiz ROM which has this added extra features where as Moto provides near stock / same as Nexus devices . you can only import contacts from sim card for this ( go to contacts app/ click on 3 dots / click import /choose from where you want to.)
Unknown person
Options

858 Posts

10-08-2015

CA

998 Signins

5947 Page Views

• Views: 5947
  • Message 3 of 5

2016-08-24, 17:49 PM

As already suggested, I cannot see a way with the Moto G3 system how to use both contacts & SIM contacts. But, though I can't remember for sure, often with devices there is an option on initial set up where you want to store contact info, so if you were desperate, you could try a factory reset & see if that option appears, then they would be on the SIM card intially & you could after first backing them up to  your Google Account, sync them to your Contacts App. But, this might not solve your working between the two on a regular basis.

I wonder if what other devices are doing, is including an App that works with the SIM card & the Contacts App. I looked in the Google Play Store & found apps there that seem to do what you are looking for, but I did not research this thoroughly, nor read all the App features or reviews to try & determine which might work best for you. But I'd suggest researching Google Play Store for an app that will do what you need, as the Moto G3 doesn't seem to include one.

You could also try a Google Web Search for SIM/Contact App recommendations from other Android users, vs. anything specific to the Moto G3.

Let us know if this helps?

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

79 Posts

02-17-2016

IT

102 Signins

665 Page Views

• Views: 665
  • Message 4 of 5

2016-08-25, 10:35 AM

Thank you guys. With my previous Samsung mobile I used to store my contacts on the sim card as well as on the device, just as a sort of mutual backup. I did not use the gmail/google system and facilities, including sync, which I do now.

I guess I'll live without sim contacts and will take advantage of google sync.

--Carlo

Options

4 Posts

02-15-2019

US

10 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-02-21, 10:38 AM

You can use an Android assistant program,download it and connect your device to computer.The program will scan and list all contacts on program windows,then you can edid/import/export you contacts.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete