Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjc123
802.11n
Views: 839
Message 1 of 4

IVR not recognizing DTMF tones

I have an issue with an automated phone system where it does not recognize my key-presses (Press 1 for billing, Press 2 for tech support, etc) on one specific company's phone system with my Moto G (2015). I tested a couple other automated phone systems at other companies to make sure my phone was sorta working and they work fine.  I also tried someone's Samsung phone with the troublesome phone system and it works OK.  On the Internet I see that many have resolved this problem by changing the DTMF tones from short to long.  However I see no such option in settings.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 818
Message 2 of 4

Re: IVR not recognizing DTMF tones

@pjc123 wrote:

I have an issue with an automated phone system where it does not recognize my key-presses (Press 1 for billing, Press 2 for tech support, etc) on one specific company's phone system with my Moto G (2015). I tested a couple other automated phone systems at other companies to make sure my phone was sorta working and they work fine.  I also tried someone's Samsung phone with the troublesome phone system and it works OK.  On the Internet I see that many have resolved this problem by changing the DTMF tones from short to long.  However I see no such option in settings.

Hi pjc123

You may go to Dialer > Menu (3 dots on top right) > Settings > Sounds and vibration > Dialpad tone length > Set to Long. Hope this helps. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

pjc123
802.11n
Views: 808
Message 3 of 4

SOLVED:I am not stock any more because the phone no longer gets timely updates, but thanks, as if this is supposed to be there on the menu, and it is not, than that is my problem.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 786
Message 4 of 4

@pjc123 wrote:

SOLVED:I am not stock any more because the phone no longer gets timely updates, but thanks, as if this is supposed to be there on the menu, and it is not, than that is my problem.

Hi pjc123

That's great news. It's great to hear that it is resolved. Feel free to reach out for further assistance. 

- Ella