Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bubai2013
802.11n
Views: 34,213
Message 1 of 19

Images from Front cam is automatically mirrored

Hello,

I am using new Moto G since one month but I can't resolve why my images from front cam is being automatically mirrored after capturing an image. Is this a issue with G3 or it's a fault in my device? I have checked in another G3, which I have replace two weeks ago. I am attaching two images, one is a screen shot from camera app to show what my actual position is and other one is after capturing the same picture.. see the difference. And I request all the owners of Moto G3 to verify whether you are all facing this issue or not.

With Love,
Bubai
Bubai2013
802.11n
Views: 34,136
Message 2 of 19

Re: Images from Front cam is automatically mirrored

And this is what G3 captured..

With Love,
Bubai
Administrator
Administrator
Message 3 of 19

This is true for every front-facing camera I've ever used. What you see in the camera frame is the same thing as looking in a mirror -- and the resulting photo is reversed.

If you like, go to Gallery > Edit (pencil icon) > Crop > Mirror to get a photo that matches what you see before you snap.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 19

My Motorola X2 works the same way, so your device is working as designed.

Take the pic with the front facing camera and the back camera and the two imaged will be identical.  The selfie camera shows like a MIRROR on the screen, so a SCREENSHOT would reveal this.

Thanks to @Matt (Forums Manager) for the answer!

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 19

Just tested this with my Galaxy S 5 to compare brands - it shows a mirrored view in the live view finder, but if you take a photo, it reverses it.

So when looking at the screen, words in the image are backwards, but when taking the photo, words in the image are correct. 

When you think about it, this makes sense for all phones. When you are looking into the screen, you want to see a mirror of yourself - i have seen many people use the front camera as a mirror - checking their teeth or makeup. But if you take a photo, you would expect the photo to look normal - as if someone was on the other side of the camera and taking a photo of you. You would not want a photo of you to be reversed. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Bubai2013
802.11n
Message 6 of 19

Thank you all for your kind informations and clearing my doubts. I don't know whose answer should be best answer but @AlphaDog's answer is most knowledgeable. I use three Moto Devices and a hardcore fan of your Company Since I had RAZR V3i, but never noticed this thing (mirrored imaging), may be because I always used different camera apps to take selfies. I have checked now with G1, E2, and G3. all are giving same pictures. And Sorry for this stupid post.

With Love,
Bubai
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 19

Bubai2013 said:

Thank you all for your kind informations and clearing my doubts. I don't know whose answer should be best answer but @AlphaDog's answer is most knowledgeable. I use three Moto Devices and a hardcore fan of your Company Since I had RAZR V3i, but never noticed this thing (mirrored imaging), may be because I always used different camera apps to take selfies. I have checked now with G1, E2, and G3. all are giving same pictures. And Sorry for this stupid post.

View original

Thank you for this post! Smiley Happy

I've never really used the selfie camera so it was a good way to learn about it! Smiley Happy

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Akshay_Desai
Paper Tape
Views: 19,093
Message 8 of 19

I still don't understand whats the solution! 

I dont want to use front camera as MIRROR. Awlays wanted to use for Selfies. Dont want mirror images. Whats the setup needs to be done?

It really horrible experience with Moto G4 Plus front Camera, all images are mirrored.

Dont give any explanation, we know what it is. Just tell us, how to avoid it.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 19,084
Message 9 of 19

@Akshay_Desai wrote:

I still don't understand whats the solution! 

I dont want to use front camera as MIRROR. Awlays wanted to use for Selfies. Dont want mirror images. Whats the setup needs to be done?

It really horrible experience with Moto G4 Plus front Camera, all images are mirrored.

Dont give any explanation, we know what it is. Just tell us, how to avoid it.

The images you take are not mirrored unless you turned that on in settings.  

Open front camera,  open settings, slide "selfie photo mirror" on or off. Off is default. 

This has been discussed before

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Sir_Grey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 19,064
Message 10 of 19

How do you open the Settings?  When I swipe from the left side I get a wheel like display with several icons, but I do not see anything related to settings.

Where can I find more information on this to make sure I am doing it correctly?