Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,239
Message 11 of 19

Re: Images from Front cam is automatically mirrored

@Sir_Grey wrote:

How do you open the Settings?  When I swipe from the left side I get a wheel like display with several icons, but I do not see anything related to settings.

Where can I find more information on this to make sure I am doing it correctly?

Oh, sorry, I thought i was in G5 forum. Let me see if there is a setting for that on your phone. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,238
Message 12 of 19

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Sir_Grey wrote:

How do you open the Settings?  When I swipe from the left side I get a wheel like display with several icons, but I do not see anything related to settings.

Where can I find more information on this to make sure I am doing it correctly?

Oh, sorry, I thought i was in G5 forum. Let me see if there is a setting for that on your phone. 

Actually it looks like Matt answered above. I guess that camera app has no option to switch. You could try a different camera app - there are many in the play store. 

Or just reverse the image you take before sending it as Matt mentioned above. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Sir_Grey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,236
Message 13 of 19

Thanks for the clarification.

Ved_The_Hero
What's DOS?
Views: 1,090
Message 14 of 19

Open camera make sure u have switched to front camera ..swipe left then enable selfie photo mirror..

Sir_Grey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,077
Message 15 of 19

The only thing swiping to the left does is switch from front camera to back camera. There is no option to enable selfie mirror on my Moto G3.
erin13
What's DOS?
Views: 98
Message 16 of 19

I find this not to be true, I found the toggle to turn on and off mirror, but it has no effect. No matter what I do, when I switch to the front camera/selfie camera, it is backwards. It seems I pretty much can't live stream with this phone, unless it is backwards, which is frustrating. Is there a way around this? From my research online, people say this phone and Motorola phones in general don't have this ability. It's weird that it's in the settings but I can't get my selfie camera to not be mirrored... Thanks for any help!

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Akshay_Desai

The images you take are not mirrored unless you turned that on in settings.  

Open front camera,  open settings, slide "selfie photo mirror" on or off. Off is default. 

This has been discussed before

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 94
Message 17 of 19

@erin13 wrote:

I find this not to be true, I found the toggle to turn on and off mirror, but it has no effect. No matter what I do, when I switch to the front camera/selfie camera, it is backwards. It seems I pretty much can't live stream with this phone, unless it is backwards, which is frustrating. Is there a way around this? From my research online, people say this phone and Motorola phones in general don't have this ability. It's weird that it's in the settings but I can't get my selfie camera to not be mirrored... Thanks for any help!

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Akshay_Desai

The images you take are not mirrored unless you turned that on in settings.  

Open front camera,  open settings, slide "selfie photo mirror" on or off. Off is default. 

This has been discussed before

Your phone may need service then. You could test in safe mode with the builtin camera app. 

To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode.

If that fails, you can try a reset. 

I have numerous phones (most motorola) that have this feature and it works fine when i test it. 

Keep in mind that the live image doesn't change, but if you take a photo with some words, then flip the mirror mode on/off, and take another photo, one should have words backwards, the other forwards. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 93
Message 18 of 19

Live stream settings are going to be dependent on the software in the live stream app - you may need to look for a similar setting there. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 87
Message 19 of 19

Live stream settings are going to be dependent on the software in the live stream app - you may need to look for a similar setting there.