BE

4 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 1 of 5

Import contacts into carkit

2017-09-26, 6:27 AM

Hi,

I'm having trouble to import my contacts into my carkit.

The car is a Skoda Superb Combi (model 2018).

He is trying to import but then he gives a error that it doesn't work. It think because I didn't give the car the permissions, but when I go to Settings > App > app permissions > contact permissions  then the app (MySkoda / One App) has permissions.

In the past, I have many problems with "overlay permissions". So perhaps this is the reason why I can't synchronize my contacts.

I've paired and un-paired the two devices from both ways and also marked as "forget" but this doesn't work.

I'm able to play music from my bluetooth through my car. I can see my messages, but only the contacts aren't displayed.

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

An

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

PH

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Import contacts into carkit

2017-09-27, 17:28 PM

wrote:

Hi,

I'm having trouble to import my contacts into my carkit.

The car is a Skoda Superb Combi (model 2018).

He is trying to import but then he gives a error that it doesn't work. It think because I didn't give the car the permissions, but when I go to Settings > App > app permissions > contact permissions  then the app (MySkoda / One App) has permissions.

In the past, I have many problems with "overlay permissions". So perhaps this is the reason why I can't synchronize my contacts.

I've paired and un-paired the two devices from both ways and also marked as "forget" but this doesn't work.

I'm able to play music from my bluetooth through my car. I can see my messages, but only the contacts aren't displayed.

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

An

Hi _Anneke_

Check if Bluetooth Scanning is OFF. Go to Settings > Location > tap 3 dots > Scanning > toggle OFF  Bluetooth Scanning if it is ON. After which, unpair and re-pair the two devices, then go to Settings > Bluetooth > Toggle it ON > Check for the device you wanted to pair it with > Tap the Gear on its right side > Make sure all of the options available are checked (especially contact sharing). 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Options

4 Posts

09-26-2017

BE

4 Signins

22 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2017-10-02, 10:33 AM

Still the same problem. He tries to synchronize but it seems that he doesn't have the permission.

Options

4 Posts

09-26-2017

BE

4 Signins

22 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2017-10-03, 16:24 PM

This is the message I got.

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

PH

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 5 of 5

2017-10-11, 19:03 PM

wrote:

This is the message I got.

Hi _Anneke_

Can you send us the Make/Model, Bluetooth version and a bug report? This will help us investigate.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
  2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
  3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
  4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
  5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
  6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
  7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
  8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
  9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

- Ella

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete