Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sasi1
What's DOS?
Views: 393
Message 1 of 7

Is this a defect in my phone?

I can see light coming out through my moto g3 near the power and volume buttons.Please let me know,if it's a defect.Please have a look at the attached image.

Shall I request for a replacement?

IrfanM
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 7

Re: Is this a defect in my phone?

My moto g3 too has the same light coming from volume rockr and power buttons.

Not sure if it a defect or it is built like that.indecision

MahaDEVELOPER
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

Mine is the same, I am using Moto G3 16GB UK, i had the guts to test water proofness and yest it is still water proof. Also Tech Support said it was normal. Smiley Happy

AbhijeetNagawad
Blue Screen Again
Message 4 of 7

Count me in.

Hope this does not affect it's water resistance capability.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for reaching out to us. The blue "light" seen in the photo is actually a reflection of the display backlight off of some internal components and is not a defect. The Moto G uses a combination of external seals and internal seals to keep your phone safe from splashes and drops in water. The power and volume keys are protected by internal seals, and there is no risk of water leakage in these areas.

-Tom

Motorola Support

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 7

MotorolaTom said:

Thanks for reaching out to us. The blue "light" seen in the photo is actually a reflection of the display backlight off of some internal components and is not a defect. The Moto G uses a combination of external seals and internal seals to keep your phone safe from splashes and drops in water. The power and volume keys are protected by internal seals, and there is no risk of water leakage in these areas.

-Tom

Motorola Support

View original

Thanks, @motorolatom, for checking into this to give us an official answer on whether or not light leaking from the side buttons is "normal" or not!

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Sasi1
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7

MotorolaTom said:

-Tom

Motorola Support

View original

Thanks for your reply.

Top Kudoed Authors