Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbsolutelyAlex
What's DOS?
Views: 785
Message 1 of 9

Lock Screen Glitch

Just having a fairly minor issue but still annoying nonetheless. Every time I press the lock button to display the lock screen on the moto g 3rd gen, there's a weird flash where the screen brightness changes, and the onscreen buttons slide up and then slide out again. When I lock and then really quickly press the lock button again it works as its supposed to where it just fades in normally. What could be happening here? I'm worried that when i charged the phone from a socket using a 2.1v charger that this messed it up, although I've heard that this shouldn't make a difference. (I've only had this phone a few days and I can't remember if it did the glitch before charging it this way)

Thanks for any help!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lock Screen Glitch

Hopefully you mean a 2.1 amp charger. If you are using 2.1v (anything other then 5v) then you have probably damaged your phone. Amps don't matter, but volts do. 

But, I think that (hope) you made a typo. I would check to make sure you did not change any settings like animations in developer options. Also, could it be a 3rd party app?  Try restarting in safe mode. If you are using a different launcher or any kind of lock screen widgets, this could cause your issue

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
AbsolutelyAlex
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

Sorry I did mean amps, not volts! Well I restarted in safe mode, however the same glitch keeps occurring. I realised its not the screen brightness that was changing, but the actual lock screen not appearing fast enough (with the transparent black overlay). I haven't activated the developer options so I haven't changed anything there. I've also found that after clicking the lock button a few times, on occasion the moto screen thing that appears when you move the device doesn't appear. Could it be this that's causing the problem?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 9

I don't have a 3rd gen g, so i am not entirely sure what you are describing. Do you have a case on the phone? Are you running any kind of screen dimming software? Anything that adds or changes lock screen functionality? It definitely sounds lie a software issue, we just need to pinpoint it. 

If you could make a video of it, that would help. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
AbsolutelyAlex
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

The phone is only 5 or 6 days old so I haven't installed anything other than a few games and apps like SoundCloud, Facebook Messenger, Skype etc. I just downloaded a screen recorder app to show you the problem:

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 9

ok, thanks,

I will get one of the guys/gals with a G3 to check out your video... may not be until tomorrow...

AbsolutelyAlex
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 9

Okay thanks!

Administrator
Administrator
Message 8 of 9

Yeah, I can't reproduce it with my US version. We'll look into this - thanks.

(FWIW I personally doubt that it's dangerous or bad for your phone.)

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
sillyshain
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 9

I can reproduce this. It only happens when Moto Display is turned on.. It's something to do with the phone switching from the Moto Display lock screen and the normal lock screen