Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,240
Message 21 of 66

Re: Marshmallow update; battery draining

Also, what is the orange icon in your status bar?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Fawkes1316
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 66

The orange icon is an app called easy screenshot I have recently downloaded to take screenshots..I have restarted my phone twice as I saw recommendations on...and regarding WiFi...I have uses it for a few minutes..but now I am on a trip
And don't use WiFi at all..it is turned off but the battery usage stats keep rising on WiFi...and again...same thing happens on my mother's moto g3...and she doesn't use WiFi at al..she only uses phone calls and camera sometimes...
Fawkes1316
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 66

The orange icon is an app called easy screenshot I have recently downloaded to take screenshots..I have restarted my phone twice as I saw recommendations on...and regarding WiFi...I have uses it for a few minutes..but now I am on a trip
And don't use WiFi at all..it is turned off but the battery usage stats keep rising on WiFi...and again...same thing happens on my mother's moto g3...and she doesn't use WiFi at al..she only uses phone calls and camera sometimes...
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 24 of 66

Fawkes1316 said:

The orange icon is an app called easy screenshot I have recently downloaded to take screenshots..I have restarted my phone twice as I saw recommendations on...and regarding WiFi...I have uses it for a few minutes..but now I am on a trip . And don't use WiFi at all..it is turned off but the battery usage stats keep rising on WiFi...and again...same thing happens on my mother's moto g3...and she doesn't use WiFi at al..she only uses phone calls and camera sometimes...View original

Your graphs look steeper due the number of days. you did lose about 15% on 1/7 from 11pm to midnight. Then you lost 40% over about 7 hours on 1/8 

Also, you never fully charged, so the stats never reset. 

During the 2 larger drops, the phone was awake and screen was on. 

I am not sure why wifi is the big culprit if you leave that off. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 25 of 66

Fawkes1316 said:

The orange icon is an app called easy screenshot I have recently downloaded to take screenshots..I have restarted my phone twice as I saw recommendations on...and regarding WiFi...I have uses it for a few minutes..but now I am on a trip . And don't use WiFi at all..it is turned off but the battery usage stats keep rising on WiFi...and again...same thing happens on my mother's moto g3...and she doesn't use WiFi at al..she only uses phone calls and camera sometimes...View original

I'd like to get this over to my engineers to take a look. Do you mind if I have them take a look at the check-in data from your phone to see if we can figure out what's going on?

-Tom

Motorola Support

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 26 of 66

Fawkes1316 said:

Taking screenshots is a native function--you do not need to download an app for that.  

See here for instructions.

Hope this helps.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 27 of 66

Fawkes1316 said:

Would you please provide a screenshot of your WiFi settings screen?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 28 of 66

AlphaDog said:

Fawkes1316 said:

Your graphs look steeper due the number of days. you did lose about 15% on 1/7 from 11pm to midnight. Then you lost 40% over about 7 hours on 1/8 

Also, you never fully charged, so the stats never reset. 

During the 2 larger drops, the phone was awake and screen was on. 

I am not sure why wifi is the big culprit if you leave that off. 

View original

If you plug in while you sleep, the device will achieve "fully charged" status and the battery stats will reset.  You will also start you day with a fully charged device! Smiley Happy 

Fawkes1316
What's DOS?
Message 29 of 66

Ok. I will try to answer all the questions. To AlphaDog:I am pretty sure I have charged it fully once. I just know that my phone used to last about 3 days with my average use...
To MotorolaTom: I don't mind . I beg you to do everything to make this phone the best..as it used to be... You can take a look at check in data...I can also provide any other info you may request...
To eaccents: thanks for the screenshot tip. I always prefer minimalistic apps that do their job and don't have adds..and the snapshot you requested.
Fawkes1316
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 66

This are snapshots from mom's moto g3. Same problem..I charged it to 100%.. I did restarted it.