Views: 900
Message 31 of 66

Re: Marshmallow update; battery draining

Fawkes1316
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 66

I will fully charge it tonight and see if problem still persists.
SANCHIT-SOOD
What's DOS?
Message 33 of 66

My stats I am not satisfy
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 34 of 66

SANCHIT-SOOD said:

My stats I am not satisfyView original

Your stats are not accurate. We can't use this. Do this:

• reboot phone by holding power button until phonereboots 

• Charge to 100% (don't stop early)

• use phone until low - lower then 40%

• provide screenshots 

• battery stats

• battery stats details (tap on battery stats graph

• also, let us know how much time biggest user is - if screen, tap on screen % and tell us screen on time

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 35 of 66

Fawkes1316 said:

Ok. I will try to answer all the questions. To AlphaDog:I am pretty sure I have charged it fully once. I just know that my phone used to last about 3 days with my average use... To MotorolaTom: I don't mind . I beg you to do everything to make this phone the best..as it used to be... You can take a look at check in data...I can also provide any other info you may request... To eaccents: thanks for the screenshot tip. I always prefer minimalistic apps that do their job and don't have adds..and the snapshot you requested.View original

I had my engineers look at the check-in data from your phone. Here is what I was advised. The days that your phone had shorter battery life it it look like  the phone wasn't charged all the way, it was in 3G coverage, or both. You updated to Marshmallow on 1/6/16 and the couple days after that were low, but that is normal as usually the first 48 hours after the update you will see shorter battery life. However, we're now seeing battery life on par to what you were getting prior to the update. 

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Altair1
What's DOS?
Message 36 of 66

try safe mode and check if the battery drain issue is still there or not. If battery drain vanishes, then its a problem with one of the 3rd party apps. Either 1> try reinstalling one app at a time and check if the battery issue exist or not. Or 2> go to settings>apps>permissions> and tweak the permissions for the apps and check the battery drain.

If neither of this works,visit motorola repair service.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 37 of 66

I don't think I've ever seen a battery drain issue that was solved by repairing or replacing the phone.  Often the new phone is restored with the same apps and settings as the old one, and the bad situation is recreated on the new phone.

If we could see screenshots of both battery screens, we might get a clue as to what's going on.

mervinb
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 66

The battery drain problem on Marshmallow is very real, and I've been hit badly by it. A full charge would not last a moderate day's use (previously never an issue), and on restart there was a LONG wait for one app to be optimized. In addition it was quite obvious that performance was seriously down.

I noticed that the drain was from a number of apps and widgets like News & Weather, Calendar, Facebook. What I did was to uninstall all of these (disable if not uninstallable) and bring the system to a minimal state. Eventually I reached a state where battery use seemed to be back to normal (Android System, Screen and Cell Standby the main battery drain, rather than Calendar, News, Google Play Services..).

I gradually reinstalled apps, and FB and FB Messenger took a long time to optimize. After all the apps and widgets were reintalled to the previous state, battery use and performance still looks ok. It feels as smooth as 5.1, which was definitely not the case immediately after the 6.0 update.

Hope this is helpful to some of you.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 39 of 66

We have been able to help many users improve the performance of their phones by looking at their battery app screenshots  and comparing that to screen on time.  Please upload the first battery screen, tap the chart and upload the second battery screen, and let us know what the phone reports as screen on time.

But the first thing I'm going to suggest is that you uninstall and stop using the Facebook app and the Facebook Messenger app.  I could provide link after link of articles that say that Facebook is bad, and Messenger is worse, not only severely draining your battery but also slowing down the phone's performance, but here's a link to a Reddit thread where performance with and without those apps was tested.  In comparison, the Facebook mobile site is supposed to be well done, and you still get your notifications.

In a phone that's running well, the biggest battery user should be your screen, or at least right up there.  When Android System is up at the top, typically, an app on your phone is poorly programmed.  Remember, your apps have a user interface, and programming that tells the Android System what to do.  The system on its own, without any apps running, is not a battery hog.

Many people find a vast improvement in battery life in Marshmallow.  We'd like to help you achieve that.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 40 of 66

crystallet said:

We have been able to help many users improve the performance of their phones by looking at their battery app screenshots  and comparing that to screen on time.  Please upload the first battery screen, tap the chart and upload the second battery screen, and let us know what the phone reports as screen on time.

But the first thing I'm going to suggest is that you uninstall and stop using the Facebook app and the Facebook Messenger app.  I could provide link after link of articles that say that Facebook is bad, and Messenger is worse, not only severely draining your battery but also slowing down the phone's performance, but here's a link to a Reddit thread where performance with and without those apps was tested.  In comparison, the Facebook mobile site is supposed to be well done, and you still get your notifications.

In a phone that's running well, the biggest battery user should be your screen, or at least right up there.  When Android System is up at the top, typically, an app on your phone is poorly programmed.  Remember, your apps have a user interface, and programming that tells the Android System what to do.  The system on its own, without any apps running, is not a battery hog.

Many people find a vast improvement in battery life in Marshmallow.  We'd like to help you achieve that.

View original

I believe that at least one of the recent articles on Facebook being a resource hog actually measured a 20% increase in performance when the FB apps were removed.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."