cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
mervinb
What's DOS?
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎02-04-2016
Location: United States
Views: 914
Message 41 of 66

Re: Marshmallow update; battery draining

Thanks for the feedback on FB and FB Messenger. Frankly FB on 5.1 was ok performance wise. The situation after the upgrade was abysmal, but ok again after uninstall and fresh install.

That said, I've uninstalled both and I'm trying out the FB mobile site. Looks like it has more than enough functionality fit my very light FB usage.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 12,467
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 914
Message 42 of 66

Re: Marshmallow update; battery draining

Did you reboot the phone?  If not, shut it down, count to ten, and power it up.

Charles124
What's DOS?
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎02-05-2016
Views: 914
Message 43 of 66

Re: Marshmallow update; battery draining

Hi, I've had the phone about a month, the first 3 weeks were amazing. The last week, the battery is not only lasting about 8 hours. Almost all of this comes from the Android system according to the battery screen. I'll post a screen shot in a bit. I also changed from PTEL to Ting about a week ago - if that could have something to do with it and not the updrade on Marshmellow. 

Charles124
What's DOS?
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎02-05-2016
Views: 914
Message 44 of 66

Re: Marshmallow update; battery draining


OK, here are the Screen Shots.


 


Charles said:


Hi, I've had the phone about a month, the first 3 weeks were amazing. The last week, the battery is not only lasting about 8 hours. Almost all of this comes from the Android system according to the battery screen. I'll post a screen shot in a bit. I also changed from PTEL to Ting about a week ago - if that could have something to do with it and not the updrade on Marshmellow. 


View original


 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 12,467
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 914
Message 45 of 66

Re: Marshmallow update; battery draining

There is clearly an app running in the background that's keeping the phone wide awake even when you're not using it.



We can prove this by running in the phone in safe mode for a day if you're willing to do that.

Charles124
What's DOS?
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎02-05-2016
Views: 914
Message 46 of 66

Re: Marshmallow update; battery draining


Sure, let's do it (safe mode)
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 12,467
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 914
Message 47 of 66

Re: Marshmallow update; battery draining

Okay!  Tonight when you go to sleep, hit the Power button as if you were going to turn the phone off, press and hold Power off, on the screen and you'll get the reboot to safe mode screen.



Plug it in, go to sleep, use it tomorrow (without any of your third party apps, I'm afraid, and tomorrow night, upload your first battery app screen, your second battery app screen, and let us know what the phone reports as screen on time.  



Actually, you can start the process anytime you like, but we do need a good run of off-charger time to see what's going on.

Charles124
What's DOS?
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎02-05-2016
Views: 914
Message 48 of 66

Re: Marshmallow update; battery draining


OK, 2 screen shots attached. I'm not 100% certain where to get the "screen on time". However, Screen says "2% on the main battery page. 


 


 


crystallet said:


Okay!  Tonight when you go to sleep, hit the Power button as if you were going to turn the phone off, press and hold Power off, on the screen and you'll get the reboot to safe mode screen.



Plug it in, go to sleep, use it tomorrow (without any of your third party apps, I'm afraid, and tomorrow night, upload your first battery app screen, your second battery app screen, and let us know what the phone reports as screen on time.  



Actually, you can start the process anytime you like, but we do need a good run of off-charger time to see what's going on.


View original


 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Posts: 12,467
Registered: ‎02-02-2016
Location: US
Views: 914
Message 49 of 66

Re: Marshmallow update; battery draining

You get the screen on time by tapping the word Screen on the first battery page.



The phone has been on for 13 hours, and you still have 22 hours left.  Can you tell us what you did during this time period?

Charles124
What's DOS?
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎02-05-2016
Views: 914
Message 50 of 66

Re: Marshmallow update; battery draining


OK, here is the final picture. Today, I had one call (for a few minutes), browsed some emails, responded to one email, looked at a few news articles. Of course, I didn't use any of the 3rd party apps. 


 


crystallet said:


You get the screen on time by tapping the word Screen on the first battery page.



The phone has been on for 13 hours, and you still have 22 hours left.  Can you tell us what you did during this time period?


View original