Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harshal27
SCSI Port
Views: 1,266
Message 61 of 66

Re: Marshmallow update; battery draining

I don't have such issues after tweaking some settings like location scanning...then disabling WiFi network scans ... Then developer settings.... Disabling WiFi roam scans .... Btw if you use location in apps which are not optimised for m6.0 those apps will keep location active in background .

And if yu use GPS instead of WiFi networks.... Then there would be no specific info about GPS usage...
It'll be in an app which was using it.....in my case it was androsensor that kept my GPS active for 7hrs....
Maybe this is cause of full manual persmissons
Unknown person
Indraneel_M
What's DOS?
Views: 1,266
Message 62 of 66

Thanks for sharing your observations on this issue.I do have few 3rd party apps installed but I do not want to let go of them either.As I had mentioned, for my phone the issue gets temporarily resolved after a reboot so I am happy with installing all pending apps from playstore at one go maybe once every 14 days and then rebooting if the issue does come back.

lp56
Paper Tape
Views: 857
Message 63 of 66

I've recently experienced the same issue with the battery and with the SIM card not being recognized. 

Harshal27
SCSI Port
Views: 841
Message 64 of 66

Use whichever app you want to...

But don't activate location by clicking on pop up generated by that app even if it's Google map 

It turns on WiFi scanning 

Unknown person
piyushpastor
Punch Card
Views: 409
Message 65 of 66

May be because G3 got updates real quick and we got 6.0.1 with March security patch and if I am not wrong Google patched the issue in April release.
Its so embarrassing that we've not even had a single patch since 6.0.1 update in March.
SudarshanD
Paper Tape
Views: 9
Message 66 of 66