Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doozer
What's DOS?
Views: 948
Message 1 of 6

Moto G 3 on Rogers LTE

My wife and I use the Rogers network.  I have a gen 1 Moto X from Rogers.  I just bought a new Moto G 3rd gen, from a Bell kiosk, and unlocked it.  It's now able to use Rogers, but is stuck on HSPA+ coverage where my phone basks in LTE.  It's the XT1540 skew, which claims to have all the LTE bands my X does.

I installed a few LTE status apps, and found they won't even report visible LTE bands, when mine says its on LTE band 4.

Calling Moto support yielded "talk to Rogers", which of course will be useless because Rogers doesn't sell this phone.  Asking for support escalation got me hung up on after a 5 minute hold.

I'm hoping we didn't make a mistake trying to get this phone onto Rogers.  Any ideas out there?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 947
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G 3 on Rogers LTE

Unlocked it from the carrier?  Or unlocked the bootloader?

Doozer
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

Carrier - gave the IMEI to an unlocker site, obtained the unlock code, and entered it after inserting the Rogers SIM.  This let us use a Rogers just fine.  Calls and data work fine - it just won't use LTE.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 6

Have you checked with Rogers for the proper APN settings?

Doozer
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

After a little reading, I'm suspecting the SIM card.  It's a SIM that's got to be 5 or 6 years old, and it sounds like others have needed new SIMs to take advantage of LTE.  Fingers crossed...

Doozer
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6

Closing this off - it was the SIM card.  Rogers gave us a new one, and the phone snapped to LTE immediately.