Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rlucas
What's DOS?
Views: 6,602
Message 1 of 10

Moto G 3G - Camera Busy error

I have a 3rd gen Moto G running Lollipop 5.1.1. Recently when opening the camera app I have been getting the error message "Camera busy - camera unable to start. If this happens again, please power off your phone and restart".  This problem persists after a restart and clearing the camera app's cache and force stopping the app. Other apps also cannot open the camera (e.g. Messenger).

Searches of various forums shows that this problem seems to be relatively common and not limited to the Moto G, leading me to suspect that it is a software bug within Lollipop rather than a hardware fault with my device.

Can anyone shed any light on what might be causing this, and any ways to fix?

Thanks.

Nathan_NTN
Serial Port
Views: 6,534
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moto G 3G - Camera Busy error

unfortunately it did all the procedures necessary to the only thing is to wait for Android 6 to correct this failure.
ntn_matias
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 10

Did either of you run the phone in safe mode?

Rlucas
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 10

Update - I have wiped the cache partition through recovery mode and the camera seems to be working again (for now). No idea what the problem was, hopefully it will not reappear.

On a side note - does anyone know when the Moto G is due to receive the Android 6 Marshmallow update in the UK? I have heard it is being rolled out in the US for unlocked phones this week.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 10

Glad to hear your camera is working again.

You can follow David Schuster on G+.  He posts about soak tests and rollouts when he can.  Other than that, Motorola does not make official announcements about upgrade rollouts until they're absolutely ready to rock & roll.  Anything you hear from other sources is just rumor.

Rlucas
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 10

Update 2 - Tried to use the camera this morning and it is back to displaying the "Camera busy" message. I've restarted the phone in safe mode to disable all downloaded apps and the stock motorola camera app now works - this suggests to me that a 3rd party app is to blame here. I'll go through and disable each app one-by-one to try and find the culprit.

I've also been noticing that the flashlight toggle in the pull-down settings screen has a habit of disappearing completely, even whilst in safe mode. Any ideas what's going on here?

Hoshang
WWAN
Message 7 of 10

Do a factory reset once. And then install apps one by one and check which app is causing issue. Disable all kind of smart lock option. And check flash light toggle missing issue after Factory reset. And after doing reset don't add Google account and check all these issue.
Hoshang
marcomartins
Paper Tape
Views: 5,071
Message 8 of 10

Have you manage to find the 3rd app that is causing the problem with the camera? Or whatever it is?

marcomartins
Paper Tape
Views: 5,071
Message 9 of 10

Have you manage to find out the 3rd party app that is causing the problem with the camera? Or whatever is causing it?

Namrata2804
Paper Tape
Views: 280
Message 10 of 10

I m having mobile moto g3 ... Recently im facing problem of camera busy error... I have tried all possible solutions bt still its not working .. So pls help me out