Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John012
What's DOS?
Views: 953
Message 1 of 5

Moto G 3rd Gen, Adoptable Internal Storage too slow

Hi. I have a Moto G 3rd Gen mobile phone. I have bought a couple of different micro SD cards to use as adoptable internal device storage for my Moto G. In each case when i have formated the SD card as adoptable internal device storage there has been a pop up to say that the SD card is too slow. I checked the advice on SD cards to use given on this website & bought a faster speed SD card which was a 'SanDisk Extreme 90MBs MicroSD 4K Ready Memory Card - 32GB'. This SD card had the symbol of a '3' inside 'U' which i understand to mean 'ultra high speed class 3'. With this card also the phone said it was too slow.

Can someone please advise if i need a different type of  micro SD card or if my phone is not working properly.

Thank you.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 891
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G 3rd Gen, Adoptable Internal Storage too slow

Hi John012,

Thanks for your interest. We recommend SD card Class 10. See this link, thanks.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

John012
What's DOS?
Views: 867
Message 3 of 5

Hi Jess,

Thanks for your reply. I looked at that webpage that you postedthe link to & bought an SD card Class 10 (symbole 10 inside a big C). My phone said this one was too slow. What could be the reasons for this?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 838
Message 4 of 5

Hi John012,

I appreciate you visited the site. If you are formatting your sd card as internal storage and it says that sd card is too slow, that's normal as internal storage of phone itself is faster than the sd card being formatted as internal. As long as your sd card is class 10 that should be fine.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

John012
What's DOS?
Views: 804
Message 5 of 5

Ok.

Thank you for your reply.