Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbiz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,469
Message 11 of 20

Re: Moto G 3rd Gen Bluetooth Won't Turn On

Still needing help with this.  Is anyone having the same problem I am?  How is this happening on 2 of my household's phones that have 2 different users?  Please help!

dbiz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,428
Message 12 of 20

What a fricking waste of money and time.

dbiz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,413
Message 13 of 20

Thanks for nothing, as all support has been!
Berton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,395
Message 14 of 20

dbiz,  I have having the same problem you described.  It just started very recently.  The specifications on my moto3, (2015) are exactly as you described above including the Build number MPI24.65-25.  Android version 6.0 Android security patch level December 1, 2015 and all the others are the same.

I hope someone has found a solution.  I am still trying to find one.  Bluetooth will not turn on.

dbiz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,388
Message 15 of 20

Berton:  no luck yet. I went through phone support. They had me send in the phone, they basically did a factory reset and sent it back. It went back to having the same problem.  Support here, as you can see, just disappears.  I'll post here if I get a solution. Please do the same!

I did another factory reset-what a pain- we'll see how long it lasts this time.

pankajsahu31
Paper Tape
Views: 1,354
Message 16 of 20

Did you found the solution? I also have the same issue with my MOTO G3 phone.

Berton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,338
Message 17 of 20

No, I have not found a solution yet.  Last fall I purchased two MOTO G3's.  When I upgrated both to Android 6.0 Marshmellow, one of the phones stopped staying in Bluetooth.  The other one still works fine.  I have not done a factory reset yet since it's my wife's phone.  She does not want to reload everything back on it.  I have tried safe mode and clearing the cache.  Both have not helped.  Her phone still works great, but will not connect to the bluetooth in her car.  Bummer.

Berton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,319
Message 18 of 20

Looks like I have found a solution to my problem of the bluetooth not staying on in my wife's phone.  It is a Moto G (3rd generation), android version 6.0, android security patch level Dec 1, 2015, build number MPI24.65-25.

Before my final attempt at a "factory reset", I tried the following:  Settings: Backup & reset: Network settings reset: Reset settings.  This will reset all network settings including : WiFi - Cellular data - & Bluetooth.   It worked!!!  Not sure how long it will remain on but it works fine now.  Another thing I like about it is it's not intrusive to other parts of the phone.  All settings except wifi stayed the same.  I just reset router login, my sim card handled the data link and bluetooth came on and stayed on.   

The phone is now connected via bluetooth to my wife's Toyota.  Hope this may help someone else.

Parag4111
What's DOS?
Views: 348
Message 19 of 20

I have same problem.
Is there any permanent fix?
AlfredStar10
What's DOS?
Views: 138
Message 20 of 20

After reading all of the useful good and bad experiences posted on this forum regarding this issue.

Ref: Using Android 6

The best fix for me was to look through the Apps I had on my phone that I hadn't used for a while and maybe causing problems.  I found that the root cause was: the 'H Plus Watch' App that I thought I'd disabled some months ago.

I uninstalled this App and now my Bluetooth will turn On/Off without any issues.