Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CompHQ
What's DOS?
Views: 1,173
Message 1 of 3

Moto G (3rd Gen) Photos will not save to SD card

So I recently went to clear out my phone's memory, and I noticed that my Gallery had a weird setting where there were two SD Card albums. One only had 13 pictures in it, and the other had around 800. When I checked my Photos app, those ~800 photos were saved, not to an SD, but the phone's memory.

However, my camera is set to save to SD. My question is, why is my phone suddenly saving my photos to my phone memory instead of my SD, even though the settings should make it save to SD before phone. I'm really confused, as I want all my photos on my SD just in case something happens, but with how it's acting, I don't know if it's actually saving to SD.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,130
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G (3rd Gen) Photos will not save to SD card

@CompHQ wrote:

So I recently went to clear out my phone's memory, and I noticed that my Gallery had a weird setting where there were two SD Card albums. One only had 13 pictures in it, and the other had around 800. When I checked my Photos app, those ~800 photos were saved, not to an SD, but the phone's memory.

However, my camera is set to save to SD. My question is, why is my phone suddenly saving my photos to my phone memory instead of my SD, even though the settings should make it save to SD before phone. I'm really confused, as I want all my photos on my SD just in case something happens, but with how it's acting, I don't know if it's actually saving to SD.

Hi CompHQ,

That's odd. Have you tried to check File Manager app to see if those pictures are saved to your phone memory? 

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

CompHQ
What's DOS?
Views: 1,118
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G (3rd Gen) Photos will not save to SD card

I did, and the majority of the pictures were saved to the phone memory. My problem is, that it was saved to the phone even though I chose to save to SD, and then no matter what I do, it will not save to the SD card.