cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
javichin
Paper Tape
Views: 10,828
Message 1 of 5

Moto G 3rd Gen. Unable to transfer files from internal memory to SD Card.

Hello,

I recently bought this mobile and updated it to Marshmallow straight away. I formatted the SD card to be internal storage and I don't have any problems to move (some) applications, but I'm not able to move/copy the music or files there.

It seems to be no options from the mobile (Settings> Storage & USB), from the applications themselves (like Google Play or Gallery) or from the camera to set the default for the storage location.

I've been trying for hours to check in different forums but I'm not able to find anything conclusive.

All I can do is exchange files between my PC and internal memory, but I can't access the SD card from the PC (I already read that it's impossible as it's encrypted) but what I was not expecting is being unable to do the same between the internal memory and SD within my mobile.

Has anyone any solution or explanation or why I can't do this?

Thanks in advance.

javichin
Paper Tape
Views: 10,679
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G 3rd Gen. Unable to transfer files from internal memory to SD Card.

Oh hi, me again.

I found a solution and I want to post it here, just in case someone has a similar issue. 

Apparently, the first time I formatted my SD card as internal it was not properly done. I don't know why but it happened.

Now from Settings> Storage & USB> SD card> tap the three vertical dots on the top left corner and choose "Format as portable". I'd advise to remove all apps before doing so back to the mobile's internal storage. Once empty proceed, then you can choose from the same last menu to format as internal (again). Follow all the steps in the procedure to move files from your mobile memory to the SD card.

I did so and I can transfer files from my computer there, music, videos, pictures and everything else. 

Great!

duffs
Paper Tape
Views: 7,240
Message 3 of 5

Your problem maybe that of your motorola being an unsupported file with DROID XYBOARD 10.1  

You need to use a WMA music player APP

try

VLC FOR ANDROID

WMA MUSIC PLAYER or

ROCKET PLAYER

Just type in WMA MUSIC PLAYER  IN PLAY STORE 

Plenty on there

JustinStuff
What's DOS?
Views: 53
Message 4 of 5

re. "As Internal Storage-"

This is TOTALLY INCORRECT information!

Since Android 6.0 you can NOT move ANY apps to an "added" MicroSD card whether formatted as continued Internal storage and New Installation will NOT install there EITHER!

Motorola (lame Lenovo) and Google have "Hosed" Us owners of Moto G's (any version) and they should be SUED as they have broken the implied contract as their specification SAYS Apps CAN BE moved to an installed SD Card!  If you own a 8BG or even 16GB model of a Moto G, please consider a Class Action Lawsuit, contac a CAL Lawyer in your area. Motorola / Lenovo / Google NEEDS TO FIX THIS NOW!

Highlighted
JustinStuff
What's DOS?
Views: 51
Message 5 of 5

Re: WRONG! Moto G 3rd Gen. Unable to transfer files from internal memory to SD Card.

re. "As Internal Storage-"

This is TOTALLY INCORRECT information!

Since Android 6.0 you can NOT move ANY apps to an "added" MicroSD card whether formatted as continued Internal storage and New Installation will NOT install there EITHER!

Motorola (lame Lenovo) and Google have "Hosed" Us owners of Moto G's (any version) and they should be SUED as they have broken the implied contract as their specification SAYS Apps CAN BE moved to an installed SD Card!  If you own a 8BG or even 16GB model of a Moto G, please consider a Class Action Lawsuit, contac a CAL Lawyer in your area. Motorola / Lenovo / Google NEEDS TO FIX THIS NOW!