Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pietschouwe
Paper Tape
Views: 3,205
Message 1 of 7

Moto G 3rd Gen charging failure

Hi,

my moto G 3e gen wont charge when the phone is on. The phone wont charge when there is somewhat energy left in the battery if the phone is shut off.

- only when the battery completly goes to 0% and the phones shuts itself down the phone is able to charge.

- i tryed reboting it in factory mode (did not work)

- i tryed different chargers and didnt work

- i tryed charging the phone with the computer and didn't work

does someone experience the same problem, and more important, are they solutions to solve this error?

any kind of tips are welcome! thanks in advance

WKR,

Piet

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Views: 3,180
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto G 3rd Gen charging failure

Hi (Hallo) Piet,

I'm sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with your Moto phone. I'll be in touch with you via private message.

Cheers,

Quincy van R.
Moto UK/NL
patrickmanaia11
Paper Tape
Views: 2,941
Message 3 of 7

I have the same problem. This started today. I left my phone charging when I was at work, and suddendly when I unplugged the phone from the charger, the battery was at 11% and the "thunder" icon was over the battery icon on the upper bar. 

I factory restored the phone and the trouble is still happening. Can I get some help? Did you get your problem solved? 

rahul9870
What's DOS?
Views: 2,869
Message 4 of 7

Any solution yet? I am facing same prob

BT-7474
Serial Port
Views: 2,852
Message 5 of 7

@Moto_Quincy wrote:
Hi (Hallo) Piet,

I'm sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with your Moto phone. I'll be in touch with you via private message.

Cheers,

Quincy van R.
Moto UK/NL

I live in the UK and have a Moto G3rd Gen. 2015, XT1541 UK phone using Lollipop 5.1.1. which is probably the equivalent to the XT1540 USA (think it is and the XT1550 (think it is for India).

I use which so far are excellent (2015 versions); RAVPower charger (6 ports) and RAVPower Battery Pack (2 ports):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-RAVPower-16750mAh-External-Technology/dp/B00OJXVDAU

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00S0I5XOM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.ravpower.com/external-batteries.html

Recently, I plugged as normal; Bose QC20, Moto G3rd Gen. 2015, XT1541, UK and RAVPower Battery Charger.

But when I removed my phone I hadn't realized that it hadn't been charged up overnight, until I tried to play some music. The screen was completely dead with the on/off buttons not working.

I then rushed back home and contacted Motorola UK/Europe. They were useless, gave me the telephone number of their UK's repair centre. That would have meant at least ten days before I saw it again, with all data and information on the phone deleted completely which I couldn't afford. Despite that, hopefully I should have everything backed up. Lenovo/Motorola should create an excellent user frendly; back-up and restore wizard that Samsung has created for its customers.

I had nothing to lose. I eventually realized that the USB cable from the charger had come lose and was elated when the battery symbol appeared. I then used the portable battery to charge it whilst I got to my destination in my rucksack because RAVPower will switch of devices when they have been properly charged.

If it hadn't worked, then I would have used a different USB's cable in a different slot and probably hold down the Power Button until either; the display lit up or I had to send the phone to Motorola's Repair Centre in the UK which would have been relatively expensive also.

BT-7474
Serial Port
Views: 2,851
Message 6 of 7

@patrickmanaia11 wrote:

I have the same problem. This started today. I left my phone charging when I was at work, and suddendly when I unplugged the phone from the charger, the battery was at 11% and the "thunder" icon was over the battery icon on the upper bar. 

I factory restored the phone and the trouble is still happening. Can I get some help? Did you get your problem solved? 

I live in the UK and have a Moto G3rd Gen. 2015, XT1541 UK phone using Lollipop 5.1.1. which is probably the equivalent to the XT1540 USA (think it is and the XT1550 (think it is for India).

I use which so far are excellent (2015 versions); RAVPower charger (6 ports) and RAVPower Battery Pack (2 ports):

Recently, I plugged as normal; Bose QC20, Moto G3rd Gen. 2015, XT1541, UK and RAVPower Battery Charger.

But when I removed my phone I hadn't realized that it hadn't been charged up overnight, until I tried to play some music. The screen was completely dead with the on/off buttons not working.

I then rushed back home and contacted Motorola UK/Europe. They were useless, gave me the telephone number of their UK's repair centre. That would have meant at least ten days before I saw it again, with all data and information on the phone deleted completely which I couldn't afford. Despite that, hopefully I should have everything backed up. Lenovo/Motorola should create an excellent user frendly; back-up and restore wizard that Samsung has created for its customers.

I had nothing to lose. I eventually realized that the USB cable from the charger had come lose and was elated when the battery symbol appeared. I then used the portable battery to charge it whilst I got to my destination in my rucksack because RAVPower will switch of devices when they have been properly charged.

If it hadn't worked, then I would have used a different USB's cable in a different slot and probably hold down the Power Button until either; the display lit up or I had to send the phone to Motorola's Repair Centre in the UK which would have been relatively expensive also.

BT-7474
Serial Port
Views: 2,850
Message 7 of 7

@rahul9870 wrote:

Any solution yet? I am facing same prob