cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Carlo7
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-29-2017
Location: IT
Views: 846
Message 1 of 11

Moto G 3rd Gen, impossible to add a Google account

Sorry for my poor English, I have a Moto G3 and after a factory data reset, i am no longer able to add a Google account. Every time I try to add a Google account it appears the following message:

"Couldn't sign in.  There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later."

It's four months that i m not able to add a Google account.I sent two times the phone to the technical support but they wasn't able to solve the problem, i emailed the italian Motorola support but they wasn't able to understand the problem. I've cleared all the data of the Google Play Services and all the other applications without success, i've updated the version of Google Play Services from the site apkmirror.com but even with this new version i m not able to add a Google account and i've done other factory data resets without any progress.Thanks for any help.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 17,251
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 839
Message 2 of 11

Re: Moto G 3rd Gen, impossible to add a Google account


@Carlo7 wrote:

Sorry for my poor English, I have a Moto G3 and after a factory data reset, i am no longer able to add a Google account. Every time I try to add a Google account it appears the following message:

"Couldn't sign in.  There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later."

It's four months that i m not able to add a Google account.I sent two times the phone to the technical support but they wasn't able to solve the problem, i emailed the italian Motorola support but they wasn't able to understand the problem. I've cleared all the data of the Google Play Services and all the other applications without success, i've updated the version of Google Play Services from the site apkmirror.com but even with this new version i m not able to add a Google account and i've done other factory data resets without any progress.Thanks for any help.


Where did you purchase the phone? Did you buy it new?

 

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Carlo7
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-29-2017
Location: IT
Views: 820
Message 3 of 11

Re: Moto G 3rd Gen, impossible to add a Google account

thanks for the reply, i've updated my profile  i hope the info will help you.Yes you can look at my apps, I've bought my phone on Amazon and was new

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 17,251
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 775
Message 4 of 11

Re: Moto G 3rd Gen, impossible to add a Google account


@Carlo7 wrote:

thanks for the reply, i've updated my profile  i hope the info will help you.Yes you can look at my apps, I've bought my phone on Amazon and was new


Not seeing much on our end -- under Settings > Motorola Privacy do you have those turned on?

 

Can you access the Internet okay on the phone? Get data through a network or via WiFi? What does work?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Carlo7
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-29-2017
Location: IT
Views: 770
Message 5 of 11

Re: Moto G 3rd Gen, impossible to add a Google account

i share the SIM with the old phone because i need Whatsapp...I provided to put the SIM on Motorola G3 if you try now should work

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 1,983
Registered: ‎02-11-2016
Location: US
Views: 720
Message 6 of 11

Re: Moto G 3rd Gen, impossible to add a Google account


@Carlo7 wrote:

i share the SIM with the old phone because i need Whatsapp...I provided to put the SIM on Motorola G3 if you try now should work


I'd like to get some additional information regarding this issue. Is your phone getting a data connection (WiFI or Mobile Data)? It almost sounds like your phone is unable to communicate with the internet to authenticate/add the Google Account. Are you able to use other features of the phone (browse the web)?

 

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Carlo7
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-29-2017
Location: IT
Views: 711
Message 7 of 11

Re: Moto G 3rd Gen, impossible to add a Google account

Hello,yes i have a Mobile Data connection (4G) that works.It's a weid and never seen situation;I can access to internet but i can't see the sites on the Google servers; for example if i digit www.google.it (or .com)  i have "This page is not available".If i digit" www.corriere della sera.it" it works and i can see the site.For what i can understand ,Google servers have blocked my phone so i can acces only in some sites and not in others.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 1,983
Registered: ‎02-11-2016
Location: US
Views: 668
Message 8 of 11

Re: Moto G 3rd Gen, impossible to add a Google account


@Carlo7 wrote:

Hello,yes i have a Mobile Data connection (4G) that works.It's a weid and never seen situation;I can access to internet but i can't see the sites on the Google servers; for example if i digit www.google.it (or .com)  i have "This page is not available".If i digit" www.corriere della sera.it" it works and i can see the site.For what i can understand ,Google servers have blocked my phone so i can acces only in some sites and not in others.


Oh my, this makes the issue even weirder. I'm curious, did you ever have the phone repaired? If so did you have this issue as soon as you got it back? 

 

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Carlo7
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-29-2017
Location: IT
Views: 665
Message 9 of 11

Re: Moto G 3rd Gen, impossible to add a Google account

No, i sent two times my phone to the techical support but for this issue, the impossibility to add a Google account.The second time there seemed to be a progress; i was able to set a Google account but was impossible to do whatsoever download( i tried with two accounts).Every time i tried to download something from Play store or from other sites, my download was blocked with a similar message."Impossible to do the download.Error 960" or "Error 926".After several tries with no succes i've done another factory data reset and the phone was again stuck it is impossible to add the Google account.Its four months the i have a phone in which seems impossible to add A Google account after a factory data reset.Perhaps it is a step that i missed, i dont know i have not found on internet an user with the same problem.   

Carlo7
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-29-2017
Location: IT
Views: 548
Message 10 of 11

Re: Moto G 3rd Gen, impossible to add a Google account

No one can help me?