Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
almahuus
Paper Tape
Views: 63,040
Message 1 of 40

Moto G 3rd gen stopped recognizing SD card

Hi there. 

This morning, my Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen. phone stopped recognizing my SD card. It keeps telling me to either reinsert or forget the card. It's a Lexar 64gb microSD card. It did this once before, but all I had to do was restart the phone and it resolved itself. I have tried that many times today and it's not working. 

Can anyone help?

Thank you, let me know if you need more information!

almahuus
Paper Tape
Views: 62,233
Message 2 of 40

Re: Moto G 3rd gen stopped recognizing SD card

Oh, I forgot to include that the card is formatted as internal. It would be great if this issue could be fixed, but I also don't mind buying another SD card. All I really want is to be able to access it so I can get the pictures from it, if possible.

Bubai2013
802.11n
Views: 62,186
Message 3 of 40

I ahd this issue too. So, I reformatted the sd card as internal and the problem fixed.

With Love,
Bubai
FFNess
What's DOS?
Views: 62,138
Message 4 of 40

This just started on my phone today as well. I would rather not reformat if I don't need to. I have lots of info on it.

Bubai2013
802.11n
Views: 62,109
Message 5 of 40

If you have lots of info then I will suggest you to back up everything you have in your card and then you can perform a reformat.

With Love,
Bubai
moto222
Paper Tape
Views: 62,085
Message 6 of 40

If you have an adaptor to read a micro SD card in your PC you mighr be able to transfer your pics to your PC.

That's what we did when ihis happened to us.

Good luck.

Keep us posted.  

moto222
Paper Tape
Views: 62,082
Message 7 of 40

Well, I just read that if your card is formatted as internal your pc will not read it.

We must have a different problem than you.

Sorry, 

Highlighted
almahuus
Paper Tape
Views: 62,072
Message 8 of 40

Yeah, that's definitely an issue. My computer won't recognize it, and neither will my phone, meaning I can't even reformat if I wanted. My phone doesn't think that my SD card is even there, although it very much is. Sigh.
Wittorio
Paper Tape
Views: 62,038
Message 9 of 40

Aby ideas, how to fix this issue? I adopted my sanDisk 16gb as an internal storage and it worked fine for a few weeks, but now all of a sudden my motorola g3 says that it can't find a sd card and now all my data is lost... I have moto g3 with a marshmallow update (what was bad idea) How can i go back to 5.1.1? IT was the best...

Griss
What's DOS?
Views: 61,577
Message 10 of 40

Another victim of the disfunctional SD card "internal" option.  Very frustrating.  Elected to save a few dollars on the 8 version of the Moto3 precisely because of the SD card option.  The only caveat I found then, a few months ago, was that the SD card wouldn't be as fast as true internal memory.  I was willing to make that trade off.  Losing data that is un readable due to the internal formatting is not acceptable.

Also, I would note, that while a few files were uploaded to google drive, the bulk of my documents and all photos are distinctly NOT in the google drive.  Don't know if it is technically related issue, but the spottiness of the supposed automatic backup function certainly ups the stakes of the non-recognition of the card.

Any help, referral, or commiseration of fellow sufferers would be welcome.   I haven't seen any "fix" in either moto or android fora.  

It seemed to occur at or about the time I was trying to install an app (soundcloud) Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but wondered if anyone else had any recollection of what was going on when their sd card disappeared.

Top Kudoed Authors