Options

5 Posts

03-10-2016

IN

12 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 1 of 13

Moto G Turbo: home and right button not working, no quick settings and more issues

2016-04-18, 7:12 AM

My Moto G Turbo suddenly crashed last night, while I was working with Google Photos. The phone is just about 1 month old, purchased from Flipkart. Here are the issues that have suddenly appeared:

1. No Home Button and Right Button function. They do not work. 
  2. No Quick Settings pulldown. Suddenly not working.
  3. Cannot transfer from phone to computer as I can no longer select the File Transfer option. (no pulldown)
  4. No notifications.
  5. Camera twist-gesture not working.
  6. Flashlight chopping gesture not working.
  7. No lock screen.
  8. Factory reset option not available. Reset Phone option is greyed out.

Have tried Recovery Mode (Power+Vol down button, then Power+vol up button) but the problems are still there.

While googling have found that other users have had the same problems. 

What is the solution? Please help!!!

Solved! See the solution
Options

976 Posts

04-18-2015

IN

588 Signins

7296 Page Views

• Views: 7296
  • Message 2 of 13

Re: Moto G Turbo: home and right button not working, no quick settings and more issues

2016-04-18, 19:35 PM

It happens when System means OS crashes. U go to Recovery Mode and there choose Wipe Cache partition and after Wiping Cache Partition, choose Reboot Device.

Wiping Cache partition will not delete any of ur personal files or anything. It will just erase dump and error and cache generated by Android OS.

Hope this is surely help you out.

Hoshang

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

05-13-2016

IN

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 13

isRe: Moto G Turbo: home and right button not working, no quick settings and more issues

2016-05-13, 14:18 PM

this is not working

Options

12354 Posts

02-02-2016

US

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 4 of 13

Re: Moto G Turbo: home and right button not working, no quick settings and more issues

2016-05-13, 14:23 PM

Did you modify the phone in any way?  Flash anything?  Did you install any apps just before this happened?  Did you flash the phone and then install an update via OTA?

Options

5 Posts

03-10-2016

IN

12 Signins

76 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2016-05-16, 5:48 AM

wrote:

Did you modify the phone in any way?  Flash anything?  Did you install any apps just before this happened?  Did you flash the phone and then install an update via OTA?

None of the above. I had got it wet the previous day (took some amazing underwater videos in a pool), the phone screen would flicker erratically and become unresponsive from time to time, but I could continue with shooting after rebooting. This happened about 4-5 times at the pool.  During this time, on calls I couldnt hear the caller, so obviously the speaker was wet. So I let the phone dry out, after which it was working fine. The problem surfaced the next evening when I was editing the photos and videos and making a movie in Google Photos. The app kept crashing, and imnediatelt after that the phone went weird as described in my query.

I solved it by calling Tech support - they guided me to do an external reset, and the phone has been fine since. Exactly a month since, and all good at present!

Options

5 Posts

03-10-2016

IN

12 Signins

76 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2016-05-16, 5:54 AM
In my case, I solved the problem with an external reset as described by Hoshtang.
Options

1 Posts

08-03-2016

IN

1 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 7 of 13

2016-08-03, 14:01 PM

Guess what its just a bug in android 5.1.1 and android 6 ..to solve ur problem all that's requiired is changing of user to guest mode..once u come back to ur user... all ur problems will be solved.. it doesnt actually require much headache of wiping out cache partition or a hard reset.. btw wiping cache didnt actually work for me.. so long things short..CHANGE UR USER TO GUEST MODE AND COME BACK TO UR USER.. u can find the option in the settings as a seperate user option.. ;p

wrote:

My Moto G Turbo suddenly crashed last night, while I was working with Google Photos. The phone is just about 1 month old, purchased from Flipkart. Here are the issues that have suddenly appeared:

1. No Home Button and Right Button function. They do not work. 
  2. No Quick Settings pulldown. Suddenly not working.
  3. Cannot transfer from phone to computer as I can no longer select the File Transfer option. (no pulldown)
  4. No notifications.
  5. Camera twist-gesture not working.
  6. Flashlight chopping gesture not working.
  7. No lock screen.
  8. Factory reset option not available. Reset Phone option is greyed out.

Have tried Recovery Mode (Power+Vol down button, then Power+vol up button) but the problems are still there.

While googling have found that other users have had the same problems. 

What is the solution? Please help!!!

problem solved for sure

Options

1 Posts

08-09-2016

IN

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 8 of 13

2016-08-09, 12:45 PM

it shows no commad 

wrote:

It happens when System means OS crashes. U go to Recovery Mode and there choose Wipe Cache partition and after Wiping Cache Partition, choose Reboot Device.

Wiping Cache partition will not delete any of ur personal files or anything. It will just erase dump and error and cache generated by Android OS.

wrote:

Options

1 Posts

08-29-2016

IN

7 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 9 of 13

2016-08-29, 19:22 PM

Having the same issue for Moto G4 Plus 2016. Wiping cache dint solve the issue. Also when I switch to guest mode, it auto switches to user mode without selecting/displaying anything. Please help. Also I haven't activated USB debugging so can't use ADB as well (now cant enable Dev Options). 

Options

5 Posts

03-10-2016

IN

12 Signins

76 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

2016-08-31, 14:59 PM

I contacted Motorola support and they guided me through an external reset which worked. Though I'm in India, I found the online chat on the UK site. You could try it, quick and easy and solved my problem in no time. Here's the link: https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save