Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ishmayel
Paper Tape
Views: 215
Message 1 of 12

Moto G3 Incoming calls

Incoming calls not ringing at either end; calls go directly to voicemail.  This happens about 50% of time.  Now, I always test it in the AM with land line phone.  If not working, power cycling the phone seems to get it to work.  Wife has identical phone; same problem.  Carrier is T Mobile.

Have cleared phone data and cache, and cleared cache partition.  Nothing ever fixes it, just makes it work long enough for tech support to think it is fixed. 

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Porphyrius
Token Ring
Views: 183
Message 2 of 12

Re: Moto G3 Incoming calls

You need to find the Keypad dial code for your Carrier/Network to swtich off the call diverts.

HTH Smiley Happy

Ishmayel
Paper Tape
Views: 175
Message 3 of 12

@Porphyrius wrote:

You need to find the Keypad dial code for your Carrier/Network to swtich off the call diverts.

HTH Smiley Happy

Thanks.  What is "keypad dial code", and how do I find it?  BTW, incoming call is working this AM.

Porphyrius
Token Ring
Views: 172
Message 4 of 12

As I'm in the UK and my Carrier is different yours may do things differently but read here and switch off you voice mail options.

https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/126427

If this doesn't work you may have to call their support line and ask them to sort it out.Usually when you put a Sim in a phone it puts some useful numbers in your Contacts list so chek in there as well Smiley Happy

Let me know if this helps.

Ishmayel
Paper Tape
Views: 153
Message 5 of 12

@Porphyrius wrote:

As I'm in the UK and my Carrier is different yours may do things differently but read here and switch off you voice mail options.

https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/126427

If this doesn't work you may have to call their support line and ask them to sort it out.Usually when you put a Sim in a phone it puts some useful numbers in your Contacts list so chek in there as well Smiley Happy

Let me know if this helps.

Hi,

Thanks again.  However, my issue is not just that calls go directly to voicemail.  The phone does not ring for incoming calls, so I don't know it needs to be picked up.  I don't want to disable voicemail.  This problem occurs nearly every day.  I watched the You Tubes, and have already tried everything except the complete factory reset.  I may try that tomorrow.

One day, when I first get up, I will test the phone with my land line and find it not getting incoming calls.  I'll take it to the T Mobile store and try to get them to do what tech support advised: take my SIM card, put it in a store phone, and try an incoming call.  If it still doesn't work, it means it's a bad SIM card.  My wife has identical phone, and she has the same problem.  Seems unlikely that both phones would fail with the same problem at the same time.   ???

Regards,

Jerry

Porphyrius
Token Ring
Views: 149
Message 6 of 12

I think that's the best thing to do as it seems like an unusual problem.I've never had this on any Android phone :/

I would back up the phone and try the Factory Reset.I do one at least once a year anyway to clear junk out Smiley Happy

Ishmayel
Paper Tape
Views: 80
Message 7 of 12

Latest update.  Yesteray AM my incoming call test went directly to voicemail.  Without doing anything else, no power cycle, no more tests, I took the phone to a T Mobile store.  They put MY SIM card in one of their phones, and of course, it worked.  Put it back in my phone, and of course, it still worked!

This morning, incoming calls went to VM.  So, I did a factory reset, then booted it up, and tried an incoming call.  it worked once, then failled twice, then started working again.  Now I'm having to reinstall all my apps; even with just the factory and Google apps installed, the incoming calls failed.

So, I am completely discouraged.  It seems like my best choice is to buy a new phone at Costco, which has a 90 day return policy, and see what happens.

I have not yet asked T Mobile to trace my incoming calls to determine where they get hung up.  Most times, neither the caller or I can hear ringing; it just is silent, until about 30 seconds later the VM message plays.

Help!  Please!  Thanks.

Porphyrius
Token Ring
Views: 76
Message 8 of 12

Have you trie tdhe Short code to switch off call forwarding?

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4041

Dial ##004#

Ishmayel
Paper Tape
Views: 68
Message 9 of 12

@Porphyrius wrote:

Have you trie tdhe Short code to switch off call forwarding?

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4041

Dial ##004#

No, I have not.  I suppose that would test if the calls come in at all.  What's the code to turn call forwarding back on?

Highlighted
Porphyrius
Token Ring
Views: 54
Message 10 of 12

As I can't see an,"Off" number I suspect it's a,"Toggle" number e.g if you type it again it will switch the service on and off each time?