Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ishmayel
Paper Tape
Views: 48
Message 11 of 14

Re: Moto G3 Incoming calls

@Porphyrius wrote:

As I can't see an,"Off" number I suspect it's a,"Toggle" number e.g if you type it again it will switch the service on and off each time?

Hi again.  Thanks for the tip about "short codes".  I finally figured out how to use them.  However, T Mobile tells me that "voicemail" and "call forwarding" are different functions.  And, to turn off VM, or restore it, I need to contact them directly.  My account does not currently have "call forwarding" turned on.  I'm reluctant to have VM turned off at this point.

From reading posts in other forums, I believe that the problem is that T Mobile is changing the bands they use to communicate, and my current phone, which is 3 yrs. old, probably does not have those new bands built in.  So, it seems like a problem of equipment obsolescence.

The Moto G6 seems to include more bands.  I can get one next week at Costco, pretty inexpensive, which comes with a 90 day return policy.  So, I can try it out for a couple weeks, which should be long enough to determine if incoming calls, and texts, are working correctly.  Otherwise, it is a probable long phone call with T Mobile tech support to find out if the changes in network bands are the problem.  And, I've been thinking of switching to Consumer Cellular, which seems to use AT&T and T Mobile towers, but is not necessaity compatible with the same phones.

Argh!

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 44
Message 12 of 14

It does seem to be a Network thing.Here in the UK we can use all the codes with no problems.I can switch my VM on and off and call diverts etc.My Moto 3rd gen if the first Moto I've had and I still have a more poweful cheap Chinaphone but had to install a fresh Stock rom to get rid of in-built malware.No such problems with Moto Phones and the G6 look good.I used to have Samsungs but hate all the,"Bloatware" they come with.

Motos are nice and clean with not to much junk installed and have good Battery life.I'd never get suckered in to,"Apple" ;-)

Ishmayel
Paper Tape
Views: 17
Message 13 of 14

Sorry for the long time since posting.  I bought a Moto G6 from Costco for $189.  Tried it for a week.  All calls and texts seemed to be coming through, ringing on both ends, not going direct to voicemail.  So, I then bought a second one for my wife, who also had the problem with her Moto G3.  Now we are both happy with the Moto G6's.

As I described in my last post, it seems to be a problem with T Mobile updating their system, and no longer supporting "older" phones.  They never suggested, or admitted, that this was an issue.  Of note, our son, who uses a Google Pixel 2, and is also with T Mobile, is also having the same problem with incoming calls and texts.  I am considering trying Consumer Cellular, since it will be even less costly, and from my discussions with them, and product reviews, I think our Moto G6's will work.  Motorola hedges, by noting that "some features" on Consumer Cellular, and A.T.&T. may not work.  But, it may be worth a try.

Except for not fessing up to their system enhancement that would not allow incoming calls, we've been pretty well satisfied with T Mobile.  But, they should be honest about this, which took me over 3 months to figure out.

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 11
Message 14 of 14

It does seem like bad practice but we have the same over here in the UK.Networks/Carriers can be economical with the truth ;-)

Top Kudoed Authors