Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrickmanaia11
Paper Tape
Views: 1,297
Message 1 of 4

Moto G3 Not Charging - Need help

Good night,

This started today. I left my phone charging when I was at work, and suddendly when I unplugged the phone from the charger, the battery was at 11% and the "thunder" icon was over the battery icon on the upper bar. I am charging with the original G3 Charger. I tried other charger on my phone and didn't worked as well, but my charged worked on my work partner just fine! 

I factory restored the phone and the trouble is still happening. Can I get some help? Did you get your problem solved? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,295
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto G3 Not Charging - Need help

@patrickmanaia11 wrote:

Good night,

This started today. I left my phone charging when I was at work, and suddendly when I unplugged the phone from the charger, the battery was at 11% and the "thunder" icon was over the battery icon on the upper bar. I am charging with the original G3 Charger. I tried other charger on my phone and didn't worked as well, but my charged worked on my work partner just fine! 

I factory restored the phone and the trouble is still happening. Can I get some help? Did you get your problem solved? 

If you reset and problem persists, likely a hardware issue.  You can try charging via computer, and also try turning phone off to charge. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
patrickmanaia11
Paper Tape
Views: 1,293
Message 3 of 4

Re: Moto G3 Not Charging - Need help

Tried phone charging, no good.

If I ran the battery off to charge, the problem might get solved?
BT-7474
Serial Port
Views: 1,233
Message 4 of 4

Solution Re: Moto G3 Not Charging-Need help-a simple and easy solution that may might help

patrickmanaia11 wrote:

Good night,

I live in the UK and have a Moto G3rd Gen. 2015, XT1541 UK phone using Lollipop 5.1.1. which is probably the equivalent to the XT1540 USA (think it is and the XT1550 (think it is for India).

I use which so far are excellent (2015 versions); RAVPower charger (6 ports) and RAVPower Battery Pack (2 ports):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-RAVPower-16750mAh-External-Technology/dp/B00OJXVDAU

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00S0I5XOM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.ravpower.com/external-batteries.html

Recently, I plugged as normal; Bose QC20, Moto G3rd Gen. 2015, XT1541, UK and RAVPower Battery Charger.

But when I removed my phone I hadn't realized that it hadn't been charged up overnight, until I tried to play some music. The screen was completely dead with the on/off buttons not working.

I then rushed back home and contacted Motorola UK/Europe. They were useless, gave me the telephone number of their UK's repair centre. That would have meant at least ten days before I saw it again, with all data and information on the phone deleted completely which I couldn't afford. Despite that, hopefully I should have everything backed up. Lenovo/Motorola should create an excellent user frendly; back-up and restore wizard that Samsung has created for its customers.

I had nothing to lose. I eventually realized that the USB cable from the charger had come lose and was elated when the battery symbol appeared. I then used the portable battery to charge it whilst I got to my destination in my rucksack because RAVPower will switch of devices when they have been properly charged.

If it hadn't worked, then I would have used a different USB's cable in a different slot and probably hold down the Power Button until either; the display lit up or I had to send the phone to Motorola's Repair Centre in the UK which would have been relatively expensive also.